My day in the woods...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyster36

about 2 miles from my parents house/property. My Dad tells me Allan(owner) is scrapping and anything i want is scrap price. Sooooo......i go and look.
oldcars.jpg

IMG_0373.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

and this is the one i'm going to dig out.
IMG_0371.jpg

Wow what a great day in the woods. Sometimes i miss living in south Georgia because you never know what you might find. Living in an Atlanta suburb all you find are new BMW's. Keep us posted on what you haul out.

That first cab looks real useable. Snag the grill shell off the second one. If you plan on chopping it, you might want to take the top off one of the others too for some extra metal. Check the dashes.

If I were you, my wife would be asking me why I needed three cabs and where I was going to put them.

Well my Dad calls me this am to tell me that Alan(owner) and Earl(the scrap guy) are wanting to get them out today. I rush up there and they already drug one out. The one on the far left in the pic of 3. No worries cause it wasn't worth saving. Tree fell on it and was rusted BAD. Anyways we dig out/pull the middle on to the clearing and it's actually worse. A pillars were rusted up past the lower hinge on both sides. Roof skin ya could have just lifted off. Windshield frame junk, doors junk. And then we pull the 38 and it's even worse. Alan says they have been there before he was born(1956). The last one had a plate that was 1949. I asked him if anybody new that they were there and he said" Ya, had people wanting to buy them years ago". I was :mad:. Why do guys do this. Let stuff get so bad, even knowing they will NEVER do anything with them. Could have let somebody enjoy them while they were still in good enough shape. Anyways, i was bummed. And the only good grill shell he kept for himself.

So i am telling one of my customers at the shop today about these trucks and how they ended up being junk. He asks me "are you looking for a project?". "Not really, but what ya got?" He ends up telling me he has 3 46 Ford coupes sitting out behind his buildings and if i wanted to i could come have a look. I told him i'll be there Sat. mourning. He also has a 29 Chevy sedan, 34 Ford coupe and a 39 Ford coupe. I new he had those but not the 46's. I'm not really looking but i guess if they fall into your lap, ya better run with it, right?

Latest posts

Back