My hemi powered A-bone coupe thread.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hot Rod Michelle

Okay, so I have had this '31 A-bone coupe for about five years. In that span of time, I have changed my mind a few times, as to what power train I wanted, how low the chop, and what the final paint scheme would be. However, I can safely say, that my indecisiveness is nearly at an end. My project hot rod coupe is near completion.

Here are some photos to get you all started.[P

I hope you like it.

Attachments

• My Hot Rod Coupe 001.jpg
    My Hot Rod Coupe 001.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 95
  • Michelles' Intake Desoto 001.jpg
    Michelles' Intake Desoto 001.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 65
  • My Hot Rod Coupe 013.jpg
    My Hot Rod Coupe 013.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 64
  • My Hot Rod Coupe 023.jpg
    My Hot Rod Coupe 023.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 71
  • My Hot Rod Coupe 009.jpg
    My Hot Rod Coupe 009.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 68
I love a chopped Model A even more than a duce. I also like the traditional stance where the rear tire fits the wheel house, don't like the body dropped too far. A hemi is a perfect power plant for the tradional hot rod. Well it looks like you've captured my attention so I'll be watching this build all the way to completion. ..[PGreat job!!...[cl

Yea, when I first got it, it was an old drag car. That means, no chopp and about eight inches of heavy channel. So, my builder unchanneled it to be somewhere in the neighborhood of three inches of channel and chopped the top four and three quarters inches. Its a not quite five inch chop.

The power comes from a 330 DeSoto and the transmission is a mid sixties Ford Top Loader four speed. Currently, the third member is an old 1940 Banjo Ford rear end, but, I'm thinking it won't last with the power the hemi is putting down. So, I have found a '57 Ford 9" housing and then I will just need a good pumpkin; of which a fellow from my car club said he would give me a good one for a "C" note.[cl

Then, I should be puttin around the valley pretty soon, like!
Racing all the Tuners from stop light to stop light.[ddd

Ok, here is another pic or two.

Attachments

• My Hemi.jpg
    My Hemi.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 48
  • sugarmomma796.jpg
    sugarmomma796.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 50
  • sugarmomma808.jpg
    sugarmomma808.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 54
  • turdpolishSM.png
    turdpolishSM.png
    64.8 KB · Views: 37
really a good looking project- your "indecisiveness" has led you to a path of hot-rod perfection[cl:D

a good combo of the right look and the right parts makes for a huge dose of "rattitude"

i sure could use a can or 2 of that polish:D:rolleyes::eek:

Latest posts

Back