My horn

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sid

Last night I was working on an engine stand and I dropped a bold that rolled under my father’s work bench. Digging around for the bolt I found this horn (see attached sample picture). I thought it was a train or tugboat horn, well come to find out it’s an original Aermore automobile exhaust whistle from the 1912 used on Model T vehicles. These whistles were designed to be attached to the exhaust system of the car. A cable attached between the valve and the driver compartment was used to open the valve and sound the whistle. It’s about 15” in length and its 4 tuned whistle tubes produce a very loud train-like whistle sound.

Of course I need to include this whistle in my truck build but I’ll run it off of compressed air instead of the exhaust.

Andrew

Attachments

• exhaust_whistle.jpg
    exhaust_whistle.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 72
That's something to talk about , I would love to have something like that . And a cool story to go with it . Some people have all the luck !

My dad gave me one of those . I put it on a 53 stude. and had a blast with it. All of the people around where I lived raised so much hell about it he made me take it off the car. Wished I still had it.

I should have tons of stuff cause I drop more bolts than anything when Im in the garage. LOL RR

man.. i have got to get me one of those... i just looked up a video of what it sounds like.. and that is cool..

Latest posts

Back