My Hot Rod Musical Heritage

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! I remember that song. When I was a kid my uncle had a whole collection of western swing style music. This was one of them I must have listened to a couple hundred times. Thanks for the pleasant memories

That's really neat T-1. I just checked ebay and there is some good Red Foley items there. Including a 3 CD set of 75 of his songs and a 4 CD set with 100 songs, pretty cheap too. There is also a couple of original 45's of Hot Rod Race.

My dad use to play that song all the time when I was a kid. I think the last time I heard that song I was 8 or 9.

thanks for the post, T-1 ! that is a cool song, great music, and i'm sure you're proud of the family history--as anybody would be.....[cl [cl

i grew up with an old recording of hot rod lincoln....but had not heard of this song before......i love it...:D

HRP

I just found this on Youtube. It's my Grandfather singing a song called of all things - "Hot Rod Race" It was released in 1950 and I guess it was a true old school hot rod song.

So when's your new record, "Rat Rod Race", coming out? :D

ISore

Thanks Guys! I'm glad you liked it. Also glad that some of you actually remember it! I had no idea that he had ever recorded it until a few months ago. I was amazed when I heard it the first time. Yes - life has always been really interesting because of my family ties to Country Music. I've got to see and meet some fascinating people along the way and your right, I'm very proud of my heritage.

Red's daughter (My Mom) was a recording artist herself (Betty Foley) and along with Red they actually recorded some early Rockabilly tunes too and they are considered pioneers in that genre as well. My mom's songs are on Youtube under "Betty Foley"

Red's 1956 Continental Mark II (made by the Ford Motor Company) for those who don't recall the car, is probably the reason I love cars so much to this day. My Dad bought it from Red's widow in 1972 and did a ground up restoration on it in our garage. It was one bad ass car when he finished it in 1975. As for my own version of the song "Rat Rod Race" LMAO!! I gotta have the rat built before I can go race it Eyesore! One of these days though... one of these days!

Thunder

Last edited:
That's really neat T-1. I just checked ebay and there is some good Red Foley items there. Including a 3 CD set of 75 of his songs and a 4 CD set with 100 songs, pretty cheap too. There is also a couple of original 45's of Hot Rod Race.

Thanks Gastrick! I'd really like to have one of the Hot Rod Race 45's. That's one I don't think exists in our family's collection of his music. I'll check da bay myself and see what they are asking for them.

Thanks again for the info.

Thunder

Latest posts

Back