My house on TV show this weekend!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Well I told you about my house (a converted washeteria) being filmed for a TV show on HGTV called "You Live In... WHAT?!". It's finally gonna air this Sunday night at 8pm central time. I think it's gonna air the same time nationwide so if you wanna catch it u'll probably need to ck u're local listings. I haven't seen it & am kinda nervous because I'm sure I'll come off soundin' like the southern hick I am! [ddd:eek::eek:[ddd

BoB

Attachments

• Frontmail.jpg
    Frontmail.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 97
  • kitsideviewmail.jpg
    kitsideviewmail.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 89
  • fireplacefromkitmail.jpg
    fireplacefromkitmail.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 83
  • backyardmail.jpg
    backyardmail.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 81
  • bedroom.jpg
    bedroom.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 79
That's pretty cool Trip, I like to watch that show and see the owners imagination at work. I really liked the lady in Phoenix with the old family corner grocery store she did a really nice job. Your pad is pretty saaaaaaweet also I could enjoy that patio !!!

my dvr has been recording the show since you said your home was going to be on it, looking forward to seeing it.[cl

Questions:

Did you and the wife do the design and decorating yourselves?
What's the mural on the outside?
What are those patio chairs made of?
Any significants to the cat picture in the kitchen?
Are those concrete floors hard on your feet?

Thanks guys!

Questions:

Did you and the wife do the design and decorating yourselves?
What's the mural on the outside?
What are those patio chairs made of?
Any significants to the cat picture in the kitchen?
Are those concrete floors hard on your feet?

Sam,
Yes, we gutted the building (1850 sf) & designed the space & everything ourselves.

As for the mural... I've always loved the ending of Dr. Strangelove with Slim Pickins riding the A-bomb down cowboy style & had the wife & I & our dog & cat as stick figures put on it for fun!

The chairs are cast iron!

The car picture is one of mine that's printed on brushed alum. I call it... "Curosity Cooked the Cat"... haha!

Nah... the concrete doesn't bother me & my last house was sorta the same style but 3x bigger. I love this place because by utilities & taxes are low & I own it.

Wheres the garage???
Lungs

Lungs,
As for as the garage... I just built a carport instead of a real garage because I'm gonna sell it now that I've been here more than 2 years & am moving out to the country & will build the shop I've always wanted!

BoB

Attachments

• carport.jpg
    carport.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 28
Sam,
Yes, we gutted the building (1850 sf) & designed the space & everything ourselves.

I know you had a lot of background dealing with real-estate, but that is really pro stuff. I particularly like the kitchen. Can't wait to see the show!

I had to find HGTV on our Comcast, found it at 415. I haven't watched that channel since I broke up with my GF, she would force me to sit for hours watching that Candice chick and all the other home shows. :eek::eek: The things we do for love. :rolleyes:

Oh, something just dawned on me, is that 8.00 Texas time ? What time zone are you in, Bob ?

Don

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back