My Kids First Car

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gastrick

One of the Dirty Dozen!
Well time finally caught up with me. My oldest son turns 16 near the end of the month and will be getting his permanent drivers license. We've been talking about a car for him and I've pretty much let him reason it out for himself. He decided against any "fast and furious" type stuff which was more than fine with me, but to my pleasent surprise, he fell in love with this 1973 Plymouth Duster in the car corral at the Turkey Run in Daytona. A deal was struck and the boy has his first car. It's all original and very clean inside and out. Everything on the car is in working order and it drives well too. The only thing that I will probably add is power brakes for him. Here's some pics of the car.

He was a real big shot this year. He was my dad's chauffer on the trip. The kid drove the whole way up and then to and from the track all weekend. He did a good job of wheeling the big Pontiac around.

It makes me all proud that he is driving his grampa to a car show, and he fell in love at the show. 30 years from now, he is the man that will be writing on a forum about his first car. Good job.

Last edited:
Nice! The kids got class.

And whats this I see?

Attachments

• gasmir.jpg
    gasmir.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 36
Kool!!!

Gastrick,
I've always loved Dusters & saw one just last week as the wife & I were headed downtown. Glad he decided on an old American car instead of a ricer!!! Did he drive it home? :D:D:D

BoB

Very Nice !!!

Very cool, congrats to him.
Obviously, you and grandpa are a very positive influence on him. ;)
Best of luck to him with his new wheels. '22

Gastrick,
Did he drive it home? :D:D:D

BoB

Thanks for the kind words fellas. The kid is really proud of it. My first car was a real piece of junk, but it was fast because every penny I could scrape up went for engine goodies. I'm surprised the car didn't cave in around the engine, a 428 Cobra Jet.

Bob, my son still has to have a licensed driver ride with him until the end of the month as he only has his temp license. We were short of those on the trip so my dad and brother went across the state and picked it up on Tuesday after the show.

Latest posts

Back