My last road trip/vacation

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

21willys

I figured I'd share a few pics from last week.

We started out picking up a set of axles in michigan and a vette in Missouri. The vette went to Mesa Arizona and then we headed to New Mexico to pick up more parts.

A few ghost towns along the way.

More to come...

Another sunset

Getting close to Moab Utah where I meet up with bonehead.

Yes my fat @ss climbed up to the arch again lol

We finally got caught up with Jeff at area BFE where camp was at for tons of off roaders for Easter jeep week in Moab. This is the horrible view from camp.

Looks like you made the most of your time....

That one pic with the rock nearly inside the cab looks a bit scary..:eek:

looks like military axles .... we would like to up grade to some better axles our selves ... Bone head if they are yours what are they going in ? we are kind of looking for some chevy or dodge 3/4 or 1 ton 4x4 rear and front ends . we are not beating down any doors at this moment for any but we will find some ..

looks like military axles .... we would like to up grade to some better axles our selves ... Bone head if they are yours what are they going in ? we are kind of looking for some chevy or dodge 3/4 or 1 ton 4x4 rear and front ends . we are not beating down any doors at this moment for any but we will find some ..

They are axle tech axles for a little rat rod project I will be working on soon.

So you got to meet Bonehead Jeff. Seriously one of the coolest guys you ever met right? :)

I don't believe it, not for a minute. It is all smoke and mirrors. Thanks E man

Great pictures!! I've been wanting to visit down there, makes me want to even more.
Moab on Easter kinda reminds me of being camped at Pismo on New Years.

I've been thru the area several times but I've never got the privilege of hanging out for awhile. It's well worth the drive to hang out for a little while and there isn't any shortage of things to do. You can rent jeeps, skydive, helicopter tours, rafting, hiking, zip lines, mountain biking, and basically anything outdoors related.

I plan on making a return trip with some sort of trail rig this summer. I won't be able to hit the trails that Jeff can but I will at least be able to get out there and enjoy the more mild ones.

Ok....I flew jumpers for a while to build up air time...

I could never figure why someone would want to jump out of a perfectly good airplane....doesn't look like she was having much fun at first....
That pilot did a poor job of slowing that plane down....you can slow that plane down to about 65 to 70 knots with a bit of flaps and lots of trim...makes it much easier to get them out there....just saying....
I used to like to try and beat them back down after the last jumper was out...I'd roll it over and power down and head for the ground in a large spiral....made it back to the airport and onto the runway a few times but most of the jumpers I flew were skydivers and they would pop the chute a lot closer to the ground....
I was invited to jump but declined....:D

I could never figure why someone would want to jump out of a perfectly good airplane....doesn't look like she was having much fun at first....
That pilot did a poor job of slowing that plane down....you can slow that plane down to about 65 to 70 knots with a bit of flaps and lots of trim...makes it much easier to get them out there....just saying....
I used to like to try and beat them back down after the last jumper was out...I'd roll it over and power down and head for the ground in a large spiral....made it back to the airport and onto the runway a few times but most of the jumpers I flew were skydivers and they would pop the chute a lot closer to the ground....
I was invited to jump but declined....:D

The pilot was a snot nosed punk with red hair. He couldn't of had much experience due to his age. Early twenties is my guess. I doubt he had the experience or the care to slow the plain down.

Yeah....just building air time....oh wait....

Thats why I did it....lol...although I was 35 when I got my license...:D
I learned from the best jumper pilot in my area...he always beat them back to he ground.....:eek:...
She looked better after he got them straightened up a bit....but her eyes were clamped shut at first....lol...I'd be screaming like a little girl....[cl I hate that "oh crap I don't have any control" feeling....

I've always wanted my own plain and to have a pilots license. Been a dream for a long time.

Latest posts

Back