My new front grill in progress.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacksheep

I started with two Chevy truck doors from about the mid 70's
1027000812.jpg

This is what I have so far. Still have to take some off the height , I believe what do you think?
1027001053.jpg

If you flesh out the sides and put grill bars in it, I think it will look pretty darn good.

Inspiration is where you find it.

Last edited:
I cant hardly fabricate crushing a pop can but I think that looks kool! Has a beefy look to it. Leave it low like that...Its bad! RR:D

I did get the top and sides done today. I plan to weld in 1/4" round stock on 3/4' spacing in the morning, then give er a paint job.
1027001557.jpg

1027001558.jpg

1027001557.jpg

Does it look too low for ground clearance?

Is that a 4x4 it's on? How low is your axle? Do plan on running over a lot of stuff? Figure it's sitting back between the wheels so it's not going to hit a curb or such. IF it were ahead of the wheels then it might be a problem.

I like it! leave low, gives it a mean look. I use a lot of square stock on my bikes(sissy bars,pegs, ect.) one of my trade marks is to twist it (heat it with a torch with one end in the vise-count the number of twist and distance).....just a thought.

Yeah, I think I'll leave it low. I'm going to look this morning to see what I can come up with for the grill. I'll post photos later today. Thanks for all the comments

Latest posts

Back