My new ganster car. haha

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacksheep

I scored a hood yesterday, and went for it all day, and today. Still need a lot of work, but I love the way it turned out. Kind of gives it a ganster car look. The scoops were made from an old 5 lb fire extinguisher I had laying around.They are functional too. I also need to move the headlights farther up to the front. My hood is hitting them. haha

1121001707.jpg

1121001706a.jpg

1121001538.jpg

That really looks good. Scoops look good too. Can you just bend the lights out a bit? Now you'll need a hood ornament since you have a hood.

That really looks good. Scoops look good too. Can you just bend the lights out a bit? Now you'll need a hood ornament since you have a hood.

Hey , thanks. I think I'm gonna just move them abot 4" to the front, and see what it looks like. I have a hood ornament, and plan to get it on there tomorrow.
1029001312a.jpg

You might need to tip those grips down so the wings are flat. At 60 MPH, something might want to bend, or at least shake. If you make them so the lower handle is horizontal you could still clamp stuff with them to - if the need ever came up. :D

That hood ornament is very cool. We need a couple more pics.

More photos of the hood ornament. The wings are welded solid, and so is the clamp on the grips. All moving parts were welded together.
1024001052.jpg

1024001052a.jpg

The way it was just stuck in the sheet metal was my concern, but I see now that was an old pic. The mount looks cool too.

Ever thought about running quarter fenders? Just kinda hit me looking at these pics that they might go good with the hood.

Well, I finally got it back together today.I wanted to get it mostly done before I leave town for Thanksgiving on Wednesday. Here it is, but still needs final paint.
1123001500a.jpg

1123001452c.jpg

1123001453.jpg

1123001452a.jpg

1123001452b.jpg

Latest posts

Back