My new (like I need another one) project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wilit Everrun

I now have 3 current projects and one dream project.

1) Moto Guzzi based trike that is 3/5ths finished.

2) 1929 Ford Fordor (daily driver with 4 wheel drive) I have most of the pieces...

3) I have a dream to scratch build a 'Chity-chity-bang-bang' car, meaning a huge spreedster like in the book, NOT THE MOVIE CAR!

Here is the newest reason for my wife to be mad at me.

IMG00021-20100819-1352.jpg

IMG00022-20100819-1353.jpg

So... one of the parts for the '29 was a roof panel to fill the hole. I found a f-350 cargo van off e-bay for 400.00. Then I tore it apart, sold the motor and transmission for 300.00 kept the steering wheel and other stuff and sold the body for scrap. I couldn't part with that beautiful frame. So I have had a frame springs and axles that are rated for over a ton just sitting in the weeds. I decided I wanted to build a truck... so I bought a sedan. I have been looking for a 1940s ford sedan to frankenstein a truck out of and found this one and got it off off e-bay for 550.00 with a title and 2 hrs away. The plan is to cut off the back, add in a 46 ford cab rear end, and re work the windows. I was thinking of a really long wooden bed, using some dodge rear fenders, and a slant 6 I have tucked away. It will probably be a really slow build. I'll try to take some pics of the project along the way. I will also try to put some trike pics in the motorcycle section. Wish me luck, I'm gonna need it.

I think I'll steal the front end for the 'c-c-b-b' car... we will see

Just like most of us here you have a lot of interests...I am the same way[;)...being in a new house on a lot with no garage is killing me cuz I have no place to work...I am hoping to have the money I need by next summer to build the work shop...like anything it takes a lot of money...you might try finishing the trike since it is almost done...that will please the wife a lot and get you out of the dog house...then after you give her a ride on the trike she might even let you back in the house, Ha Ha...

You have some cool projects going on, can't wait to see the trike[;)

me too!!

your'e house sounds like my house. we have the 33 dodge to finish, the 50 dodge truck, a 1960 3-wheel cushman getting a 750 honda magna motor, my 57 chevy, my 66 chevelle, my friends 62 ford truck a strret legal dwarf car. most are in different stages of completion but, all to need to be finished. hope to have the dodge truck and 33 running soon.

and my dream car;;[cl;; a street legal jalopy dirt race car, one like my dad was racing when l was a kid in the 60's and 70's, the pics are what l want. :eek:

LATER:confused:

Attachments

• user7191_pic128891_1258510613.jpg
    user7191_pic128891_1258510613.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 61354638.jpg
    61354638.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 116622817.jpg
    116622817.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 11
  • yl9v5.jpg
    yl9v5.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 10
  • street legel jolapy race xcar.jpg
    street legel jolapy race xcar.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 9
  • v7fsl5.jpg
    v7fsl5.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 10
She is also encouraging me to finish the trike first. The thing is... I am mating a 1973 Moto Guzzi motor to a 1979 dodge truck transmission. I fond a diahutsu flywheel and will use a chevy throw-out bearing all of this is attached to that '79 dodge truck rear end. I ditched the duel carbs and am going with an old rochester... Soooooo almost 8 weeks ago I took the flywheel in to be machined and high speed balanced he told me it would be ready in a week. Every week he has told me it will be ready in a week. I would go get it back but he is the only guy in town who can do the balancing... Soooooo while I'm waiting I'll start pulling all the extras off the '46 and get it ready for the operation. I have to widen the front fenders by 7 in each side to fit the front end of the van frame. I also have a great grill from a '51 ford truck, all toothy and mean looking that I want to use. Thanks for the encouragement, me and the dog are getting to know each other really well.

Hey Skull, I've been watching your truck build... great job. It is an excellent way to keep those memories alive and oh so painfully, wonderfully, beautifully present. As long as you're cutting and grinding and busting your knuckles he's right there with you with a big grin on his face.

Latest posts

Back