My New Ride or The Wife is HAPPY!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gassersgarage

The California Kid
My wife has been wanting something that's comfortable and has A/C. I sold the '49 Ford and bought this '63 Grand Prix. The owner bought her from a Pontiac Collection, except for 1 repaint, she's all original with factory A/C. The motor, trans and brakes have 3000 miles on them. She's a dream to drive...........
PontiacCards 005.jpgPontiacCards 007.jpg
IMG_9654.jpgIMG_9651.jpg

[dr[dr[dr[dr That is beautiful! Was the tach and floor shift a 'sport package' of sorts?
The Grand Prix had a center console but there was a vacuum gauge. The previous owner replaced it with a factory tach. He even added XM radio which he left in the car. He even got the metal piece which bolts to the 8 lug wheels so it can be balanced. It came with an original manual for the '63 Grand Prix and a DVD showing exploded views of everything mechanical on the car.

That Poncho is gorgeous, GG. WOW !! [dr Very classy too.

Pontiacs of that era were really very good cars, I had a 63 Bonneville Convertible, two 66 GTO's, and a 66 Bonneville Brougham. They also ran like scared rabbits too. The 389 was a great design and responded well to simple hop up tricks.

Now you are going to have to start carrying Grey Poupon in the glove box. :D

Don

Last year when we drove the chopped '49 to the Mooneyes Xmas Show, a heat wave hit. We ended up leaving the show at 10:30 am and we cooked all the way home. Then, I vowed, I would get a car with A/C. A few years ago, I trailered the '31 to the Street Rod Nationals in Bakersfield and it was hot (hence the trailer). Next year, we are cruising up in style. Can't wait for the Xmas Show, just watch, it will probably rain now..........

The old "Slim Jim" took a dump. The ears on the clutches broke off. It's going to cost about $2000 to rebuild it. I really wanted to keep it original, but for peace of mind, I'm putting in a 350th...........(sigh)

Latest posts

Back