My next build... a Thom Taylor rendering!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Ok... I've spent the last couple of weekends finishing up my '41 Ford PU & even though it's taken me nearly 5 whole years... I've been planning my next build. I loved this Thom Taylor rendering that was in a series of 60's trucksters where he did a Ford, Chev & Mopar. He did these renderings because 20's, 30's & 40's cabs have gotten so expensive. I love the Chev version & bought a 1960 Chev truck a couple of years ago just for this build ($350 for the whole truck which is pretty much scrap value). I'm gonna add a lil to the length for my long legs & it won't have a LaSalle grill but the body will (hopefully) look very similar! In this version he took aprox 1' out out the width, 6-8" off the bottom, cut the top off & welded the hood snarks on the cowl. It will be a RPU bobber & I'll be using my Lincoln V12 flattie for motication! I'm fixing to build a new garage at my new place & once that's done I'll be starting work!

BoB

Attachments

• trucksterblue.jpg
    trucksterblue.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 92
  • v12.jpg
    v12.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 43
i remember seeing those in a cust__m clas__c truck mag a while back -n- always liked them

p.s. i like the flatty v12 i'd never seen one before, thats a tiny little single barrel for twelve cyl

maybe you could make the cowl snorkels function as a ram air just a thaught, not my project, sorry, i'm easily excited

i dont think it'll ever work....

unless its named "daytruxter":D[ddd

will be looking forward to it...[P

but lets not take 5 years to build it:D

Your not allowed to post a new project without more photos of "before"

Notice I put this in the BS Lounge & not builds! I have the truck at a friends place & will be moving it shortly & will take & post photos in accordance with RRR rules!

I loved those cabs in his renderings when I first saw them, they are really cool. What are you going to do for the chassis, Bob?

Gonna build a Z'd frame with a buggy spring rear end. If I can scrape funds I might go with the new Winter's steel tube and bell quick change.

i like the flatty v12 i'd never seen one before, thats a tiny little single barrel for twelve cyl

It's actually a Holly 2 bbl but still pathetic for such a big motor. I'll prob go with a 3x2.

i dont think it'll ever work....

unless its named "daytruxter"

but lets not take 5 years to build it

I like 'DayTruckster' & I sure hope it doesn't take that long this time!!! I did several other projects during that time but hope to keep my ADD under control this go round!

Looks like a great project. I bet you knock it out of the park.

Thanks... I have my fingers crossed!!!

BoB

RRR is overflowing with great builds. Probably more builds per active member than any other site out there.
Now this, a ground up build from a Thom Taylor rendering. You can't ask for any more!
The engine selection is a bonus to a great idea.
I'm eager to follow along with this one, Tripper.

That whole Truckster series was cool. I think it sparked up a lot of guys on builds that were never thought of before. This is going to be cool Bob...let her rip!!:D

Latest posts

Back