My Outlaw Fire Truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratrodfireman

My past history has been restoring Ford Model A's and old Chevy trucks. I was a printer by trade ( that was my real job) for 31 years.I am also an Asst' Chief at my Fire Department.I did the restoring on my days off.I have just started building ratrods about a year ago_Ol' Rusty is my first one.It is titled as a 1950 Chevrolet, but it has an 1987 IVECO Fiat inline 6 cylinder deisel engine,6 inch stacks,and a 1994 Isuzu FTR chassis. I have another build that will turnout as another 50 model Chevy with a built V8 350 engine.I truly enjoy driving Ol'Rusty around and watching the rubbernecking stares .When I go to carshows the folks walk past the shiny cars just to see my rusty ol' truck.I found this site when I searched on the web.Talk to you guys later.

Ol'Rusty pics

Sorry about the post without pics. So here they are.I'll post more later

Attachments

• DSC02214small.jpg
    DSC02214small.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC022105.jpg
    DSC022105.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC02213small.jpg
    DSC02213small.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 54
That truck is a monster!
I too am a printer, but still work after 28 years at the same place.
I go to Maine in the summer and there is a place near where I go that rebuilds old firetrucks. You would love the place. It's in a converted chicken barn and there are about 10 trucks and old tractors outside awaiting their turn indoors. I think the place is called Firefly Restorations, in Hope Maine 04847. You might be able to pickup some hard to find goodies.

Latest posts

Back