My project cars

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billyisamountain

This is the 32 Chev that I just aquired

DSC_2612.jpg

The previous project was a 72 buick skylark that I cloned as a GS

DSCF0933.jpg

My 83 FXRT that I painted myself and customized myself.

DSC_1996.jpg

The same bike with my 06 FLHRSI

The 32 will be easier cause I don't want pretty.

Plans for the 32 lets see, in no particular order.

small block chev (283), open engine, 6-pack intake, I like the angled headers that slope down and back with a cap that allows the exhaust to route under the floor through mufflers, 4 speed manual transmission.

Rad grill could be anything, even from a tractor.

Front straight drop axle with leaf spring suspension disc brakes. rear is a 10 bolt posi, 3.42 gears, 4 link with panard and coil overs and drum brakes.

tires and wheels, possibly coker skinnys with steel rims, baby moon hubcaps (275-78 15's)

I have the original dash to re-use, plan on leaving the open roof but that may change do to practicality.

thats about all I've dreamt of so far.

grille

one of my favs is the 32 ford grills shell & insert with the roadster headlights & stands, on those body styles they really fit the theme and the lines of the sedan.

the fiberglass shells ain't to much$$ and the headlights can be after market or, like mine, a swap meet find. then there's always E bay for stuff .

Later :cool:

Attachments

• DSC01651.jpg
    DSC01651.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC01548.jpg
    DSC01548.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 19
Welcome to RRR, billyisamountain. (Sorry, I've been slacking in the intro department lately. :()

I hesitate to be the one ... but that's not a 32. It's a 34 or 35.Looks like a good one.:)

Huh? I don't think so... 34, 35 are much different than that...[S

I believe it falls in the middle, 1933.

Compare cowls and character lines at the A pillar...

'34-'35...

attachment.php

and thanks to our own members... ( I hope you don't mind me posting your photos, guys... they're the best examples I could find!)

Rickybobby's '32...

and endicott_jb's '33...

IMG_20130625_105613_095_zpsbf071073.jpg

Attachments

• 34 chevy 2.jpg
    34 chevy 2.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 82
From what I've read, and please correct me if I've misinterpreted, the frame on a 33 is 5.25 inches wide and mine is 5". the windshield angle on the 33 is 19 degrees, mine reads 10 degree angle, referenced from the firewall. Does it make any difference that the yellow beading on the body goes all the way around?

It could be that the frame isn't original and I don't want to use the wheelbase as things have changed like the drop axle and coil over on the 57 rear end.

I'm still searching for answers. The registration I have says 33 but then again who says that is original.

Was the Canadian version different from the American version?

OK I concede. I just searched google images on 33 and 32. the windshield slope is greater than on mine than the 32.

Last edited:
From what I've read, and please correct me if I've misinterpreted, the frame on a 33 is 5.25 inches wide and mine is 5". the windshield angle on the 33 is 19 degrees, mine reads 10 degree angle, referenced from the firewall. Does it make any difference that the yellow beading on the body goes all the way around?

I'm still searching for answers. The registration I have says 33 but then again who says that is original.

Was the Canadian version different from the American version?

No difference between Canadian and American bodies as far as I know. Your frame dimensions may be the difference between Standard and Eagle models. Do you have a firewall tag?

Another endicott_jb photo. The bead line, pillar angle and cowl dimensions define it as a '33...

IMG_20130625_105617_634_zps55269d2d.jpg

Latest posts

Back