My small fab shop

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

35Mastr

Mastr Blastr
Been pretty busy latley and have not been here much. Between working the graveyard shift and being pretty tight on funds I finally got my shop close to done.

It started out as a 16x24 carport.
ShopPics042.jpg

ShopPics043.jpg

ShopPics044.jpg

ShopPics045.jpg

DSC00829.jpg

DSC00831.jpg

Then I wrapped it with 30# felt and sided it with T111 to match my shed.
DSC01195.jpg

I aslo added a 16x7 foot insulated door with an opener.
DSC01194.jpg

Still need to trim out the Outside Corners,Paint,Sheetrock and Power It Up.

But could not wait and already started to tear apart a project for a freind.

Attachments

• Coupe 1.jpg
    Coupe 1.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 24
  • Coupe 2.jpg
    Coupe 2.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 24
Nice work George. It's great to have a place to work. I remember when I used to do all of my projects in the driveway. No where near as fun or practical as working under cover. Can I sneak over and borrow maxwedgeheminut's 34 body? I'll leave him a tudor sedan:D

Nice work George. It's great to have a place to work. I remember when I used to do all of my projects in the driveway. No where near as fun or practical as working under cover. Can I sneak over and borrow maxwedgeheminut's 34 body? I'll leave him a tudor sedan:D

Thanks Bill, I already told him that I might not want to give it back after its done.

I tore it all apart over the weekend. Got a guy already coming down for that front end assy. add was only up 5 min before it was sold. I may post a build thread here.

Nice looking shop! Its great to have a dry space to work in. I can relate to the "driveway"builds!!!!...CR

Nice shop 35Mastr. [cl

If I may make one suggestion. If you havent already, do insulate the roof area. Those metal buildings turn into a oven in the summer time. I know, I have one also. I wish I had at the time it was being built put insulation in mine.

If its 80 outside its pushing a 100 inside on a sunny day. Though you did say you have insulated the walls you didnt mention the roof area. Do yourself a favor, you wont regret it in the summer time.

Again, nice shop, the outsde looks great.

Larry

thats nice, seems like a good way to build some workspace without spending a fortune. what company makes those portable carports,i have only seen the tent style ones up here.

Great shop, George. You should be able to do a lot of work in there. Expensive little hobby we've chosen, isn't it? When someone asks how much we have in our car we should factor in all the tools and the place where we work on them. :D:D

Don

thats nice, seems like a good way to build some workspace without spending a fortune. what company makes those portable carports,i have only seen the tent style ones up here.

This is the company I got it from. American Steel
They have locations all over. You can get anything from a simple carport to a full all out shop and even a huge rv carport.
ShopPics064-1.jpg

ShopPics063.jpg

Great shop, George. You should be able to do a lot of work in there. Expensive little hobby we've chosen, isn't it? When someone asks how much we have in our car we should factor in all the tools and the place where we work on them. :D:D

Don

You have got that right. Its all the stuff that we spend money on just to do what we really enjoy. That custom door was just about as much as the initial purchase of the shop before all the wood.

that's a nice set-up.....i woulda never thought about that, but it looks really good ..and on a budget, too[cl:cool:

I actually have an attached 2 car on the house. But wanted an area that I could make a mess and have all my tools out all the time. That way I dont have to put everything away at the end of the day. Just hit the button on the wall and go right back to it when I have time.

It was very good deal. Its 16x24x6 at the side walls and 11 feet at the inside of the peak. It was about 1700.00 installed and is all 12 gauge steel on the roof.

I could not of stick built it for that.

that is a good deal there. i was just over at my friend Johns house and he was talking about doing something like that in his back yard so we have a shop to weld in. I am going to pass this info on to him so that he can get the stuff and we can get to building it so i dont have to mess around in that little side room of his dodging sparks and slag anymore.

Latest posts

Back