My Son's 1956 F100

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldskool

Here is some pic`s of the start of it. The plans are budget minded so far i have a crown vic front suspension and a 300 six (REALLY want to turbo it[ddd) with a 4spd.I have less than $400 in the whole thing[cl. The bed`s gonna have to be rebuilt(easy, its all flat, except fenders). this thing hasnt been moved since 1972.whats yall thoughts on it?

Attachments

• 100_4531.jpg
    100_4531.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 141
  • 100_4671.jpg
    100_4671.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 108
  • 100_4673.jpg
    100_4673.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 100
Said he parked it because the steering had too much slack(adjust the box:eek:),but complete down to the oil bath air filter.. Needless to say the rats have really enjoyed to have such a nice house for generations(no kidding,rat poop and sticks to the bottom of the seat!) Smells much better since the seat(what was left) was removed! we gutted the interior this week, and removed the bed.The crown vic front is under it but not attached yet. OH can you say low![dr

Said he parked it because the steering had too much slack(adjust the box:eek:),but complete down to the oil bath air filter.. Needless to say the rats have really enjoyed to have such a nice house for generations(no kidding,rat poop and sticks to the bottom of the seat!) Smells much better since the seat(what was left) was removed! we gutted the interior this week, and removed the bed.The crown vic front is under it but not attached yet. OH can you say low![dr

PICTURES! - i shouldnt have to even say this - :D

Ok, here is the latest pics. The cab corners are wasted but a fairly solid budget build...we aint about spending the Benjamins, so at 14 he will be learning all about patch panels. The body comes off and is getting sand blasted by a friend the weekend.

Attachments

• 100_4696.jpg
    100_4696.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 95
  • 100_4693.jpg
    100_4693.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 113
  • 100_4691.jpg
    100_4691.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 119
Ok, here is the latest pics. The cab corners are wasted but a fairly solid budget build...we aint about spending the Benjamins, so at 14 he will be learning all about patch panels. The body comes off and is getting sand blasted by a friend the weekend.

what little bit of rust in the corners? THATS THE AC! - jk - easy enough to fix - that interior looks all too familiar - good to see him out gettin his hands dirty with ya - somthin he will remember and tell his kids - that front in looks mighty nice too -- keep updated - i like the father-son projects - hope to have one goin soon enough (mines 3 )

it`s tough getting him moving,but he get`s into it when he sees progress. no different than us grown up`s;). I`m really excited to do it with him,it will give him a great accomplishment, and when he gets to drive it to school it will be the only one in the parking lot and when other kids ask where did you buy that, he can say "I didnt buy, I built it"[;)

Great project. No better reason to build a rod then a father and son working together on a project. Please secure those gas bottles!!.[;)

looking good, man [cl[cl
i'll have to sneak by someday and see it in person.....
esp. after the media blasting....

hope to get my oldest involved with a project someday....

I lke the looks of the C V front sus. What year are you using and can you post more detail pics of the install. I have a '54 and this may work well for me.

sneaky, it has to be a `04 and up c.v front. 8 bolts hold the whole thing on,i`ll get some pics and post `em. It`s such a good fit it was almost like they had us hot rodders in mind:D

inching toward the goal!

The body is off and someone is having a "blast" with it:p. Hopefully should have it back in a week. Now its time to wire brush the frame and POR15 it after the suspension is done.[cl.If anyone is really bored and has nothing to do I`ll supply the wire brush and all the soda pop and potato chips!:rolleyes:I do have a complete motor and trans out of this(minus carb, so of course its locked up) if any one wants one while you are here sanding on the frame!!!:p:p
We`ll post more as time makes itself available to us to pick up a wrench[P

Attachments

• 100_4721.jpg
    100_4721.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 65
  • 100_4729.jpg
    100_4729.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 100_4733.jpg
    100_4733.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 100_4749.jpg
    100_4749.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 61
  • 100_4751.jpg
    100_4751.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 60
I`m with ya on the patina![dr. It takes decades to get a finish like that,paint only takes weeks[S. But he wants it flat black and orange[S. I told him it`s yours..what ever you want

good to see some progress....[cl[cl[cl

i'll try to get by and help you ....with the pop & chips-need to invite "little debbie" too, she makes a nice snack cake[P

your right preacher! she does indeed[cl. Got a rear end out of a ford "exploxeder" located down the road and need to get pulled out. Some sheet metal is waiting in the shop for the bed. I just cant seem to get these bikes out of here! Finish one and two show up[S. My cousin once told me that if you want to make sure you never slow down in your shop...start a project of your own and they will beat the door down to bring you work:eek:

It’s awesome that you and your son are building this together. [cl

I did an old truck with mine when he was 14, he still talks about that truck (he’s 28 now). :D

The build is looking really good so far, looking forward to more. [P

Thats what I am hoping for, something he can look back on years down the road and maybe pick up a trick or two. He is certainly keeping his mind on it and not on expensive things (like the ladies:D). more importantly its great bonding time and that will is one thing that will not rust away or get wrecked or worn out with time. Like a fine wine it will only get better with time[cl. Me and my dad did a `65 stang from the ground up for my mom (which later I customized by putting a telephone pole between the "o" and "r" on the hood:eek:, once again my mom saved me from sudden death:D:D) ah...what great times me and dad had!![cl:D[cl:D

Yep, them ole fords make great projects. It is good to work with your son. My son and I are going to redo my (his) 57 chevy pickup in the near future.
Wanna see more pics..Wish I could help with the de-rust on the frame, but Ma won't let me go..............Keep up the good work[P

Latest posts

Back