My T hits the road.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

The new owner of my 23 T picked it up yesterday and was driving right back to a car show in Sarasota. :) Nice guy, and he has 8 other cars. Evidently not hurting for $ as he wired the money into my account with no problems. I'm happy that it is going into good hands and will be taken good care of.

Here are a couple of pictures of the new owner getting ready to leave my shop.

hondaand23t010.jpg

hondaand23t009.jpg

And here is a picture of my Son Dan before they came to pick it up. As you can tell by his sad face, he isn't real happy about seeing this one go to another person. But I think he feels that way just because he thinks I feel bad about selling it. Strangely enough, I am ok with seeing it go, and I hope he gets over it too.

hondaand23t008.jpg

Don

That's a sweet lookin last pic. Looks right all the way down to the tire treads. Find your favorite picture of it and have a poster size print made of it to hang on your shop wall. Gone, but not forgotten.

sure is a purdy car... i'm certain the new owner is proud of his purchase, and i hope this means you'll get back on finishing that 27!!![P[P

once again a beautiful car, color choices, details etc. two thumbs up-way up!!:cool::cool:

Thanks guys. I really never sell my stuff, so this is a new one for me. But now I can concentrate on the 27, and I want to buy a little fishing boat so Dan and I can start fishing again. We haven't done that in years, and my Sons grew up fishing with their Mom and me, every weekend. We need a break from this rod building stuff. :)

Don

The new owner looks like a happy guy and he should be. I've sold a few the last couple years and surprisingly it hasn't bothered me. Based on what you have written and what I have experienced, looking forward to the new projects offsets selling the old, loved hot rods.
Soon, you'll have some beach photos of the '27 complete with an augmented sweetie or two to post for our pleasure.:)

Soon, you'll have some beach photos of the '27 complete with an augmented sweetie or two to post for our pleasure.:)

Of course, if your going to be awhile before you get done building...........a picture of a sweetie or two would likely hold us over for a bit!!;)

See, that is the nice thing about being a harmless old man. I can go to the beach and ask some guy if I can borrow his cute girlfriend for a while, and nobody gets mad. [ddev

I bet if that girl in the green bikini knew that she was going to end up all over the internet and in a car magazine article, she would have wanted a modeling fee. I feel really bad about that. :rolleyes:[ddd

Don

Yeah, maybe the reality hasn't sunk in yet, and maybe it is because I have been so busy this week (My Honda blew up so I sold it, looked at a zillion used cars to replace it........finally found one) but I am pretty cool with the T going away. That even surprises me because I loved that car.:confused:

The actual sales transaction on the T was very odd. The new owner never asked to test drive it or even sit in it before he bought it. Plus, he has 8 other cars, so I am not sure if he was buying this one to keep or flip. Guess that isn't any concern of mine now anyway.

So today I will head to the tax collectors office, change the Honda plates to the new car, and also change the 23 plates to the 27. Life should calm down after that and I can concentrate on getting the 27 on the road. I have an appointment with an upholstery shop on 11/1 to get the interior done, so hopefully I will make Turkey Run with it. If not, no sweat, there is always next year.

Don

The actual sales transaction on the T was very odd. The new owner never asked to test drive it or even sit in it before he bought it.
Don

That's because you already had him hooked with the line...."Buddy, this thing is a chick magnet. I've got pictures to prove it"!!:D

Latest posts

Back