My take on bomber seats... what you guys think

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im going to start welding them up next week, cant stay late at work tonight... i still need to put the 6 big holes in the back of the second seat... but other than that every thing is made.. except for the mounts.. which i have a cool idea for so stay tuned

Aluminum MIG welding is easier then steel. Your bead flows at a more even rate and it takes no time in getting the hang of it. My niece was only 14 when she was laying down beads on aluminum. Her work was concidered to be that of a 20 year journeymans' work. The instructor at the JH School was ver impressed at how quick she was able to pick up the tricks.
I have a 10 yeard daughter learning to MIG weld too, she is doing good for only being a 10 year old girl.:D

Maximo

Finally got around to welding them up, i ended up tig welding them. The aluminum mig i have access to is really weird its an OTC auto sensing unit of some sort.. there is no dials its supposed to automatically set its self after the arc is struck... anyway.. i didnt like it. My aluminum tig welding isnt perfect but it looks pretty good....

They are surprisingly comfortable, i still think i am going to make a lower pad, back pad is a maybe at this point... i might want one so i dont fry in the summer

Im Still working on the mounts... ill update in a few days

IMG_0550.jpg

IMG_0547.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

Thanks guys, i haven't decided on how i want to finish them... i was thinking about sandblasting them and trying to put even swirls into them... not sure yet open to suggestions

ha ha maddog that table is a sleeper looks old and slow but shes surprisingly fast, but seriously my parents are loving the parts all over the house, i think i should probably get the seats off the table though... :)

That's a nice twist on an old favorite. Very cool. I tried to draw up some cool seats like that but my Etch-A-Sketch wouldn't draw a good diagnal line.... :) If you need someone to cruz in them while your build is under way, let me know.

Thanks guys! now only if the rest of my truck was ready for seats..

Latest posts

Back