Naming your car, truck, bike, etc...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

super56

Just wondering if anyone would like to share the names that you give your vehicles. I have been really considering a name for the 56 Buick Super that I am building so I have come up with this... Degüello. I LOVE ZZTop and this is the name of one of thier early albums. It also has a really cool meaning...

Degüello is the sixth studio album by American blues rock band ZZ Top, released in 1979. "Degüello" means "beheading" or, idiomatically, "no quarter" (as in "no surrender to be given or accepted--a fight to the death") in Spanish and was the title of a Moorish-origin bugle call used by the Mexican Army forces at the Battle of the Alamo, Texas, in 1836.

I plan on putting the skull from the album cover on the 56 as well, just thought I would share.

Happy New Year! Have a great, safe one.

My first truck was a 74 International Harvester. I named it Harve. I was 16 And thought I was oh so clever. My current build is a 53 International. (brand loyal dont you know) and I named it Syble because I heard a voice in my head at work one day tell me to go talk to the guy, and it was the only time he was home for 6 months.

63 falcon she is fiona also known as the dhorr which is on the plate
72 flh with side car is the wheel chair
46 ford pu is bag o bones
81 chevy pu was chuck the wonder truck
78 chevy van was fran

Thanks for the history on the Z.Z.Top album. Interesting!

I've always liked Z.Z.Top & as our build was still a daydream it hit me how close our name was to Z.Z.Top. Our truck is Z.Z.Rat for the reason that Z is the engine code ford used in the 69'70' Boss429 Mustangs. Second Z. is for the Z frame & we all know Mr. Rat.LOL

Just ordered front axle from Bonehead & planning on having Z.Z.Rat waterjetted in the axle. hope it turns out.

I have an old beat up parts-runner pickup named Andre. It's that 90's Ford champagne color (slightly pinkish). Andre is a brand of crappy $5 champagne at the grocery store. :D

02 Monte Carlo - Mable
96 Chevy pickup - Black Betty
79 Cherokee - Rumble Wagon or Tinker Bell (Rumble Wagon because its loud and obnoxious, Tinker Bell because it has stacks with rain guards, when idling it jingles ex GF started calling it Tinker Bell and that stuck too)
00 Jetta TDI - Frank
41 Dodge - Old and Busted

I've never personally named one, but my ex wife had the same name for all of them, it was "That d*** car !" :eek::D She must have really liked that name because she used it a lot. :p

Don

I'm extremely creative when it comes to naming my cars: the Anglia, the Crosley, the Fiat, the Grey Roadster, the Tub, the Plymouth truck and the dragster.
Actually the dragster is named the:
DragsterShots003.jpg

working on my 37 panel and thinking of calling it the paddy wagon. alot of really close friends call me paddy parker. It had something to do with my wifes family, and its kinda an insult.[S

This one is named gramps cuz I have an 06 ram thats close to the same color so its named Sonny since its 51 years younger.................I have since ripped out Gramps skeleton (frame)
IMG_1456.jpg

Vehicles - nope. But I do call my 4-1/2" grinder the Lil' Beaver and my 7-1/2" grinder the Rabid Badger. Started that from a thread on RRR... go figure. :rolleyes:

I find a compulsion to naming cars a little troubling and kinda goofy on some level. I had a friend once who had to name everything and then constantly personify the stuff when he was talking about it. weird, kinda like those people who talk about themselves in the third person. I have only had a couple cars end up with names. My 69 Ford crew cab was "Loosey" and I had a 67 Chevy pickup back in the 70s that was always "rattler" for some reason. The white picker van I have now sometimes gets called "the fridge" because it looks like a refrigerator on wheels, or once in a while I call it Vanna White.

my dad's name was Mack and he had a bait business for 47 years in a small OK town.. Somehow, it sees, that every boy in town worked for him at least once in their lives. many named the place Mack a doo univerisity [they seemed to think that they learned all about life there and was "well educated in the finer things of life" I named my old 29 A "Macadou" in rememberance of Dad.

my dad's name was Mack and he had a bait business for 47 years in a small OK town.. Somehow, it sees, that every boy in town worked for him at least once in their lives. many named the place Mack a doo univerisity [they seemed to think that they learned all about life there and was "well educated in the finer things of life" I named my old 29 A "Macadou" in rememberance of Dad.

This is cool.[cl I dont normaly name my cars. This would be the 2nd I think(Im 40 so thats not a bad ratio). Had a 77 Monte Carlo that was canary yellow with the white landeau top, white leather interior, swivel buckets, automatic on the floor, Hi-po 350 from the factory. I called her Jezabel. That car was probably the best and worst car I ever had. I was racing a guy one day on my way to my girlfriends house one day and had her way up over what the guage read[ddd... Pulled into the girlfriends driveway and the car got squirlly. The passenger side rear axel shaft and tire came OUT of the axel and was dancing around in her yard. If it happened 10 minutes earlyer I would have been road pizza...:eek:

Latest posts

Back