Nash ideas

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ace

Found a unique and cool engine package and need some ideas.I found a 50 or 51 nash flathead 6.It is complete and rebuilt with trans and rearend.I would like to use the engine and maybe trans but not sure how the trans would work with the torque tube setup.Is there any engine hopup speed parts available for the nash engines?Nash guys let me hear from ya'll!!

which flathead do you have the 184 or the 195.6 engine,

There are aluminum heads out there some are single 1 bbl carbs and some are two 1 bbl carb intakes.

Like it been said they are under powered but they can make a nice looking motor when done.

Here the one I have. it has the stock head and I adapted a 2 bbl. 2100 series Ford carb. It woke it up a little. I have added chrome nut covers on the head studs after these pictures were taken.

Attachments

• rambler 8.jpg
    rambler 8.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 25
  • rambler 9.jpg
    rambler 9.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 28
  • rambler 10.jpg
    rambler 10.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 20
I'm sure mine is the smaller version but it came out of a cherry 50 nash statesman.I like unique and it's definetly that!!:D

when I was in H.S. my Dad had a 49 Nash American w/t a 6 flathead.
He built it, plained the heads, ground the cam, and what else he did I don,t know. but it would kick most v-8's butts off the line.

Latest posts

Back