NE Michigan checking in...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shuvlhead

Hello from NE Michigan... Part time Music Teacher by day and metal man by night. All started with two bicycles, then a F150 slammed to the ground, a Shovelhead chopper and finally I ran into rusty traditional rods one day and I was hooked. Bought a 31 Murray out of Iowa 8 years ago and have been building as time/money permit.
Currently I am building my A and an acquaintance of my has hired me to build his 49 F1 street rod. Slowly I am building a business making patch panels like the inner rocker panels on that 49 and repairs to things like bashed in fenders.
I also have a bit of an artist in me and want to venture into decorative blacksmithing and maybe metal casting. Really I am just trying to stay out of debt and keep the man off my back. My wife and son come first and all my metal madness comes second although it has supplemented our income since I was laid off and recently rehired but only part time.
If your ever in NE Michigan look me up. I would offer you a beer but since the lay off I don't budget for it. Better for me anyway..I guess..beer is good though.. Hope a spot of tea will suffice in lieu of beer- I look forward to checking out the forum- Thanks for letting me sign up! -I'll post some pics of my work later...better go get to work!

Cheers- Shuvlhead

Pics

I hear ya- A few random pics...I'll ad more later.. Most of them have to be compressed to fit the forum. Since the show last year I cut the grill off the Model A, it looks upside down. I have lots I have done since the show- I may start a build thread. I have to dig through the 49 pics and post them and take some of the bikes that started it all.

Cheers- Shuvlhead

Attachments

• 100_1624 (750x1000).jpg
    100_1624 (750x1000).jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_1595 (800x600).jpg
    100_1595 (800x600).jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Model A VJ Day Car show 08 2912.jpg
    Model A VJ Day Car show 08 2912.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 14
Welcome to RRR! Cool stuff. Definitely start a build thread. If you get a chance check out some of Bonehead's build threads and metal work.

welcome to the forum.what part of Michigan are you from?I live up by the Mackinac Bridge.nice pictures.I would like to see some pictures of the shovel head.

welcome to the forum.what part of Michigan are you from?I live up by the Mackinac Bridge.nice pictures.I would like to see some pictures of the shovel head.

Icebox- I'm near Alpena... We are practically neighbors.. Cheers- Shuvlhead

Finally getting around to some more pics.. The 1043CI Shuvlhead as requested..

Attachments

• Rods in Stuff 019.jpg
    Rods in Stuff 019.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Rods in Stuff 017 (1000x750).jpg
    Rods in Stuff 017 (1000x750).jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Rods in Stuff 019 (750x1000).jpg
    Rods in Stuff 019 (750x1000).jpg
    92 KB · Views: 1
  • Rods in Stuff 022 (750x1000).jpg
    Rods in Stuff 022 (750x1000).jpg