Need help finding something.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlatBroke

Hostage Negotiator
Can you guys give me a hand finding some info on the Aussie built GM Holden. I don't know much about them and wanted to do some research for myself but don't know where to start...

Thanks guys

Holden, officially GM Holden Ltd, is an Australian automaker based in Port Melbourne, Victoria. The company was originally independent but since 1931 has been a subsidiary of General Motors (GM).[1] Holden has taken charge of vehicle operations for General Motors in Australasia and, on behalf of GM, holds partial ownership of GM Daewoo in South Korea. Over the years, Holden has offered a broad range of locally produced vehicles, supplemented by various imported GM models. In the past, Holden has offered rebadged Nissan and Toyota models in sharing arrangements.

Holden car bodies are manufactured at Elizabeth, South Australia, and engines are produced at Port Melbourne, Victoria (Fishermens Bend).[1] Historically, production or assembly plants were operated in all mainland states of Australia: Acacia Ridge, Queensland, Dandenong, Victoria, Mosman Park, Western Australia, Pagewood, New South Wales, and Woodville, South Australia (body production only). Until 1990, Holden New Zealand also operated a plant based in Petone. The consolidation of car production at Elizabeth, South Australia, was completed in 1988, but some assembly operations continued at Dandenong until the mid-1990s.[2]

Although Holden's involvement in exports has fluctuated since the 1950s, the declining sales of large cars in Australia has led the company to look to international markets to increase profitability; in 2006, exports alone accounted for almost AU$1.3 billion in earnings.

Dont Forget Hsv!

HSV Stands for Holden Special Vehicles and is home to the fast beefed up cars and utes (pick ups)

go to http://www.hsv.com.au

this is fav from the current range its a Maloo R8 with a 5998cc V8 i would never drive a new car but i like looking:D

Attachments

• 112_0712_07z+holden_HSV_maloo_r8+front_three_quarter_view.jpg
    112_0712_07z+holden_HSV_maloo_r8+front_three_quarter_view.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 13
holdens are cool. i owned a 74 monaro HQ GTS coupe. wish i'd never sold it. it was one of the coolest cars ive ever owned. it still had the original purr-pull paint and stripes on it....
holden7-copy.jpg

HotrodRon,
Thanks for the link. All I can say is ...WOW...Still not done researching the site...
Biggles,
The HSV portion is KicK@$$ too.
Captain,
I prefer to use "RatRodsRulePedia" ..:D...I didn't think WIKI would know what a Holden was..:eek:

If you want to talk with some bloaks from Aussy land let me know and I'll get you some buddies email addresses. TP

Latest posts

Back