Need help ID'ing these Items

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ratcrazy

Can someone identify this backing plate and front drum. I know the axle I am using came from a 1951 Chevy truck and the spindles are from 1949-1954 Chevy also but I have no idea what the backing plates came off of except possible a car.

I have check the pattern on the drum against truck drums from those years and nothing matches so that's why I am thinking they are off of a passenage car but not sure of the year. I need to know this info so I can buy the correct spring kits and shoes.

Appreciate any help you folks can give here.

Thanks,
Larry

Attachments

• DSCF0713.jpg
    DSCF0713.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCF0714.jpg
    DSCF0714.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCF0715.jpg
    DSCF0715.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 17
The backing plates are from a year that was self energizing.
My guess that they are rear, due to the bolt holes being in 2 different planes, a little complicated for a front axle. I do not have enough experience to recognize the make and year.
good luck,

Thanks railroad for your reply.

When I got the frontend it was all together and these were the backing plates that was on it at the time. They were bolted to the spindles with all the rusted spring parts or what was left of them:D.

Anyone else want to give this a shot? I need all the help I can get on identifying these plates and drums.

Thanks,
Larry

Latest posts

Back