Need help on Mopar 318 engine!!!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BEARKRAFT

I went to change out my exhaust manifold gaskets on the Dart tonight and when I removed the rear bolt on the passenger side manifold, it started pouring water out of the bolt hole. When I had it running, it was not smoking or steaming out of the exhaust and there were no leaks anywhere. There were no signs of water in the exhaust itself, just coming from the bolt hole when the bolt was removed. Probably lost a 1/2 gallon out of it before it stopped. Where can the water be coming from?????? Head Gasket?? Cracked Head?? Does anyone have any ideas????

Bear

If I remember right, the water jacket in that area is so close that the bolt actually goes into the jacket.

I believe that is right on the 318 there are several bolts that actually go into the water jackets. If I remember right there are also some in the water pump and timing cover. Its been a couple of years since we o/h my sons 318.

Thanks guys. That's what I was hoping for!!! I'll put some gasket sealer on that bolt and tighten er up. We'll see what happens after that.

Bear

Latest posts

Back