Need Some Advice..

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just saw a 51 Ford with a 302 in it and the guy said he used a set of 5.0 Mustang stock headers and they fit perfectly. Just thought I would pass that along. You can find those cheap and all over the place as the 5.0 guys want performance headers and pull these off.

Don

Didn't get to hear it run.. It's an 1980 Motor was just rebuilt, Truck got trashed.. I'm getting the Motor, Trans, Radiator, Wiring, Etc for $300... Found a install kit for the 302at Shoebox Ford.com for $199.00 Gonna havta find a Floor Shift for an Automatic.. But theres tons available.. Next step is to find a little tougher rear end that I can bolt in without a ton of mods.. Worry about that later.. Just spent the day rebuilding both water pumps on my Flatty and putting in a new radiator.. Still runnin Really hot which is typical and were in our 4th week of 100 deg weather so driven the rat is out anyway.. I still suspect a crack in a head or the block.. Would like to finish the year on the Flatty and do the swap 1st thing next spring.. That way I can spend the winter goin over the 302 and dressin it up, as well as collecting needed parts..

mid to late 60's mustang shifter is short and mount easy, a 8" or 9" rear should do you. i can't remember the bolt pattern size on the shoeboxes, but i would try to go with one that had the same pattern and size. go luck on your project.

They sell some block sealer at Autozone and Advance Auto that you might try. I have heard some people say they have sealed up some cracked blocks and blown head gaskets with good success. You have nothing to lose but maybe $ 5.00 or so.

Don

Personally, I'd got with the 8.8 Ford rear. They are cheap and plentiful and a lot of them have limited slip. Get one from an Exploder with disc brakes and they have the cool little drum parking brake system.

Latest posts

Back