Need some help frame questions!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kkulture8

I got a 32 plymouth 3 window coupe im building to be a rod. Its pretty rough but hell ive got time. RIght now i currently have a frame but the front end has been converted to a mustang II front end in it. Ive never seen a rod with that kind of front end and i wanted to hear some opinions. My opinion is get a new frame or find parts to make a drop tube front axel.
One other quick question, what years for frames are compadible with the 32 3 window body????? thanks a lot

You will probably find that that most guys feel the Mustang II front end is a fine set up, it is not the axle of choice if you are going to run without fenders. Not to say that it has not been done. Usually a drop axle of some sort would be more desirable.
As far as your frame question, that one is pretty hard to answer. Once you get away from a factory frame and body, usually there is some fabrication to make them work. It would be rare to find a frame and body that would just bolt up.

Personally, I would be trying to trade it off to someone who wants a full fender ride. You could get lucky and find a good swap. Those MII's are nice but are usually kept under fenders for good reason - they aren't that pretty.

Def look into the swap, imo the m2 front suspension is but ugly... There is probably someone out there with an older build looking to update his stuff a little.. and willing to let go of a nice droped axle front end... Depending on what frame its on and how they isntalled the m2 stuff, you may need to look into some new frame horns and patching some spots...

Latest posts

Back