Need some help Jaguar suspension question

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnparts

Ok here is the deal my soon to be Father in law just bought a 1974 Jag xj12l and it has the independent rear suspension. he wants to put the rear end into a 1930 model a coupe and I have yet to do this kind of swap. I was wondering if anyone has some pictures of the rear end in a model a frame without a body on the frame so I know where I need to modify the frame in the car to accept the jag rear end. the good news here is this I get the rest of the car for doing the swap and there is an extra Jag rear end that came with the car so I'm going to be building the V12 and other rear end into a rat with the 32 chevy frame I picked up and hopefully a nice dodge truck body I've had my eye on.

A friend of mine has a Jag rear end under a 30 Model A and when I get down to see him I'll take some pics. It may be a week or two before I see him. HB

here is a pic of a Jag rear in a 34 Studebaker frame...not the model A, but might give you some ideas

Stude_rear.jpg

This is the JAG IRS I'm putting in my 50f1. I bought the cross member from TCI. (Total Cost Involved)

Attachments

• JAG IRS INSTALL 004.jpg04.jpg
    JAG IRS INSTALL 004.jpg04.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 28
Here are a few more:

11307818652.jpg

41jagrear1.jpg

fordrearjag1.jpg

This is the one in my '53 Chevy but I want to redo the center mounting section. I'm not too happy with the way I did it as it doesn't look strong enough to me.
20050222180354-MVC-001S.jpg

Latest posts

Back