Need some info on framework for Sedan...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris06GT

I have been looking at the guys that are building the Sedan's, late 20's early 30's stuff....

I am wondering, when the guy's have them slammed, and the big wheels on back, which I think is killer, and looks awesome.....

How are they doing that? as far as frame?....suspension?....

Thanks,
Chris

On the front you can do stuff like a dropped axle and/or suicide suspension with the spring mounted behind the axle. On the back the only way to do it is by Z-ing the frame, where you drop the center of the frame down and raise the back up for axle clearance. Z'd front and back.

Don

Wonder if I should just cut down the 2x4 I am going to use to round the ends in front, or I thought about welding on some factory frame horns from another car...

I would say whatever is the easiest for you,if you have some other frame horns and they have the look you want,i would use them.

I would say whatever is the easiest for you,if you have some other frame horns and they have the look you want,i would use them.

Good deal!! I have some, just need to look at them and see how long and get the dimensions on them...

Latest posts

Back