New all the way around...From texas

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCROCHET

Just picked up a 1950 Ford F-1 last night. Needs a little TLC but it was a perfect start for my rat rod project. I plan to keep the body as is for now. It has a 351 Windsor in it currently but has been disassemble. Plans are to get the motor running and rebuilt and and focus on suspension and and all the other main problems. Not a alot of rust except for the bed. The cab is literally rust free except for a lil spot on the cowl. I have all the body panels and 2 spare hoods and a spare fender.

Sorry for the crappy phone pics. Will get more when I pick up the truck this weekend and move it to the ranch for the start of the project....

Attachments

• IMAG0043.jpg
    IMAG0043.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMAG0044.jpg
    IMAG0044.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMAG0045.jpg
    IMAG0045.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 17
not quite sure where I want to go with it yet. Main thing is get it running and road worthy. then figure out where to go....But this forum has given me crazy ideas and will def help me in my decision making....

Also does anyone in houston area have a car trailer I can borrow to get this thing home? I was going to just do a u haul flatbed but thought it was worth a shot to see if anyone had anything on here....

thanks for all the Welcomes. I look forward to seeing some of you guys and future shows or meets and getting to know this forum alot more....

Thanks guys. Im getting excited...I pick her up tomorrow and finally get to start the project..Ill have better pictures up tomorrow or sat morning.

Hello from ChicagoLand. My younger Brother's in Katy 25 years now. Except for his Bears & White Sox ball cap ...you'd never know. :D

As promised I have better pics of the truck... I have also started a build thread but it will be one of those slow going build threads....

picking her up and getting her loaded:
DSC_0008-2.jpg

Atleast its a ford pulling a ford. hahah
DSC_0007-3.jpg

Infront of the barn...her new home.
DSC_0032.jpg

As she looked after the first day...front clip is off and the engine is broken down now....
DSC_0041-3.jpg

And in her new home with all the spare and current body parts laying next to her...
DSC_0049-3.jpg

Latest posts

Back