new bee...gettin the disease slowly

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarajrod

I live in Colbert WA just north of Spokane WA. Been preparing to start a rat rod build. Going to car shows and asking questions. Found the site by doing a search on rat rod builds in spokane area. I've lived in Spokane almost all my life. I do sheetmetal work in the HVAC industry. I love to weld and have certs, but will find out the certs needed to weld on frames for DOT inspections, probably have the right cert, but will find out. Finding out that are a lot of different versions as to what a rat rod is. I will build my rat rod to be exactly what needs to be done so that is not a hot rod or 50's rod, but a true as can be rat rod. Found a 41 international that I plan to use as the body style for my build. Getting as much info as possible before i start.

Welcome to RRR sarajrod.

Caught a true rat once in a trap, painted that lil'suckers toenails red and turned him lose.:D

Post pictures of your build when you get started.

Be safe and have fun.

welcome to the RRR! this is by far the nicest rat rod site around w/lots of good folks w/ advice when needed-and family friendly too!

i wouldn't worry too much about guidelines and definitions on what a rat rod is-just build what YOU want (make it safe) and enjoy! we really don't get too wrapped up w/defining the cars-but we do love to SEE 'em...:D

Preacher said it best go with you're gut and build what you want, don't get caught up in guidelines and rules. Thats for the other bunch to worry about.

Welcome to RRR, sarajrod. That 41 International would make a nice ride. buckeyedon hit it, lots less hassles if it has a title already. Now as for guidelines:
1-Build what you want.
2-Build it to be safe.
3-Drive the daylights out of it !!!!

Latest posts

Back