new break system

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creep

how much of a pain is it going to be to install a master cylinder and break booster in a 53 2 door chevy doing that and power steering so my wife can drive after i finish this car and i finish a 53 chevy truck after the car is done the 53 will be our family car

there is a bunch of brake component companies out there. the biggest thing is know how much "brake" to build into your car. brake pedal ratio, size if any booster, master cylinder bore, caliper, rotor size, on and on. I'm in the middle of this myself. my advise go to shows look at cars your size and drive it around to get the feel of it. wish it was that easy. start somewhere cause you have to. what oem part don't you like or trust is a great place.

Blue eyed devil kind of has a point in that, when the alignment is right it's not that hard to steer that car. When the brakes are rebuilt with good shoes and drums within specs, it's not that bad to stop it either.

Latest posts

Back