New car in town!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arkansawer

Was at work today (no camera) and a brand new, and i mean just rolled off the showroom floor new, RED CAMARO. Yup thats right you heard it here, a CAMARO. It looked alright, it was the SS with the 6 speed auto. Still like the challenger best out of the new "muscle" cars thats coming out. But after 8 yrs, it was odd to see the camaro back rolling again. Ive heard the SS has 435 hp, and the V6 has 310. If thats the case, then some mustang GT's may be getting whooped on by some V6 camaro's.

Ok im wrong, i was told it was an SS, but after looking them up you can only get the 6 speed auto in a V6.

Last edited:
I read *all* V8 Cameros will be tagged SS. Not sure if that's correct but it was in a mag I bought yesterday.

BoB

yeah they have LT, 1LS, 2LS those are all V6. And the 1SS and 2SS is all V8's. And going by the build it yourself on the camaro, you can only get the 6 speed auto in the V6's, not even an option in the V8. Clicked on auto on V8 and it said "to do this option, you must take away the 6.? liter". I guess they are doing like the mustangs and giving the V6 a nice factory exhaust note.

Next time i see it, ill try and get a better look at it and try and get some pictures.

Ya we have had one sitting at the dealership for about a week. And yesterday a car hauler full of them was pullin into the parking lot.

Car shows!

So far we only see them at cars shows and sometimes on display at the drags.

Rattler

I haven't seen any yet here in S Fla. which seems unusual. there are plenty of the "I have to have the first one" crowd around here.

I think Leno already has one too & also the 1st ZR1 Vette to roll off the line... that lucky dog!!! Wonder what kinda stuff he's gonna come up with now that he's retiring!?

BoB

BoB

I don't understand cheby, they trot out cars like the SST and Camero for years before anyone can really have one, by then it's a yawn. I'm sure the bowtie loyal are jazzed and also no doubt it will spank the bloated mustang, cheby always did a litre more than Ford on engine size. Sorry but I would walk right past it to check out a ratrod any day.

I don't understand cheby, they trot out cars like the SST and Camero for years before anyone can really have one, by then it's a yawn. I'm sure the bowtie loyal are jazzed and also no doubt it will spank the bloated mustang, cheby always did a litre more than Ford on engine size. Sorry but I would walk right past it to check out a ratrod any day.

Oh ya who wouldnt? I would much rather see what someone created in their garage rather than something from a modern assembly line

Don't get me wrong I like Chevy's I own 3, but the mustang GT has nothing to worry about from this new Camero.
Ford can make Mustangs all day long for far less money than GM can make Cameros and those Ford guys can use the money they save on payments for "go-fast" goodies for their ponies. It is cheaper to buy aftermarket parts for the small block chevy but the overall cost is cheaper per HP on the Ford. Dang, and I always thought they were dumb for buying Fords. Now that I think maybe they were ahead all along by keeping the inital cost down. Hmmmm,.....
Oh well the Camero looks nice and I see alot of women wanting them, they have that kind of a look to me, but the Challanger I would put one of those in my garage, but not for the price.

Latest posts

Back