New Craigslist Scam

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was looking to rent a house on craigslist last week and found 2 perfect ones. The rent was reasonable and a good area. The "gentleman" asked me to fill out an application on line and then told me I was approved, but in the meantime he had added a bunch of ammenities to the rent. Now the low rent payment was covering the fuel for heating, the electric, cable, and trash bills.
Wow! What a great deal. I'm a Realtor too, so I went intop public records and looked up this particular home. Lo and behold, Wells Fargo Mortgage co. owns it now. It is a forclosed home that he doesn't own. The best part is he never owned it. Just found it and decided to rent it out. You also couldn't meet him in person because a job transfer to England prohibited this. Just mail him the money and he'll Fed Ex me the keys...Yeah right..Same scam going with the other home....PT Barnum was right... There's a sucker born every minute......CR:eek:

My neighbor across the street had a home for rent on CL as well.

Someone actually stole his picture and made up there own add. Took a security deposit and all.

Got to be careful these days.

The best part is he never owned it. Just found it and decided to rent it out.

Yep... we had a lot of that a few years back. Some of them even went as far as to quick claim & get the property into their names by hook & crook. Several got caught & did a lil time. Most of course... got away with it. Some rented the same house several times to different folks. They'd go to move in & were surprised to find someone else moving into "their" house. :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

I have posted a few items on Craigslist and I would only get 1 or 2 real people that are interested and about 10-15 scammers. I also had a friend get into a shady deal and got scammed out some money. I'm sick of it and I don't even go to that site anymore. I consider the internet a tool. You know how they say you shouldn't loan your tools or your money, a select few will f it all up.

Saw this on OSR....Don't call 856-554-2787..
http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-856-554-2787

I post on craigslist some and another scam is they respond to your ad with link to a website that will "Make You Rich" if you just follow the scheme. It's a rip off of course. These scammers are going to ruin Craigslist. :mad:
Hey, I have an investigator from a local prosecutor's office (where the telephone charges are billed to) looking into this for me. He asked anyone who has called this number and has been charge for this call or calls or if you think you called this number and you are going to be charged on your next statement to please call him @ 800-749-5902 Ext 7066 or 856-225-8400 Ext 7066

how abouts we throw in a gagball and see how many broken oversized pistons we can shove up his a@# !!!! whilst we explain how the combustional engine works... wow did i say that.... i think i need help.....lol

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back