New from Alabama with a 1954 Ford F100

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy8778

Hello from Tuscaloosa, AL! I am not your average hot rodder. In high school I took one semester of Auto Body and another for Welding but spent most of my time playing video games. Now I am a computer systems administrator for a national healthcare company. I grew up listening to my father’s hot rod stories and attending car shows but we never were able to build anything. I still remember most of what I learned and wanted to do something with my father while he is still able. So last week we purchased our first project. A 1954 Ford F100 with the original 223 Straight 6 and 3 on the tree. Now I am full of questions and using sites like this to learn all I can. Click my build link below and follow along!

1954 Ford F100 Father-Son Build

Attachments

• 54FordF100-1.jpg
    54FordF100-1.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Welcome,
the ford looks like a good start, and there seams to be a few peeps on this site that have turned a wrench or two, and are willing to help. good luck!

Welcome to the site. Those trucks are an easy one to learn on and very nice looking trucks. I just had to sell my '53, but at least I got an Olds 455 for my '42 Chevy out of it. What are your plans for it?

Welcome to the site. Those trucks are an easy one to learn on and very nice looking trucks. I just had to sell my '53, but at least I got an Olds 455 for my '42 Chevy out of it. What are your plans for it?

We plan to keep the original 223 Straight 6 (if it runs), media blast the body, and paint it a flat color. A mild suspension drop but no chop. Later we have a 351 Windsor that may find a new home under the hood! But I am sure that will require some donor suspension parts front and rear.

welcome to RRR . Iam from Sylvan springs. You and your dad will have a good time building the truck what style are you going for.......April or may there will be a few cruise n's around 1st or 2nd sat Tanneyhill pennical has a good one ...1st Friday of the month Gadsden is a real good one ....hueytown has one 3rd sat its just getting started but a good turn out so far...fultondale is the forth sat at Ashley furniture ......be more than happy to answer any question if i can.

welcome to RRR . Iam from Sylvan springs. You and your dad will have a good time building the truck what style are you going for.......April or may there will be a few cruise n's around 1st or 2nd sat Tanneyhill pennical has a good one ...1st Friday of the month Gadsden is a real good one ....hueytown has one 3rd sat its just getting started but a good turn out so far...fultondale is the forth sat at Ashley furniture ......be more than happy to answer any question if i can.

I saw you were from around here and read through your build. Your truck turned out great! For now we are going to knock the rust off and give it a blitz black paint job. If the engine runs we are keeping it and lowering the stock suspension. If not we have a 351w that needs to be rebuilt and a LTD front clip. I would rather not get into that much work right away. Just want to get out and drive it! We are getting started after the first so hopefully come May we can meet up for a cruise. Seeing as you have almost the same truck I may have a few questions for you. Thanks for the introduction!

any question accepted.......i started out like you i only wanted to lower it and drive it but it needed a little tlc.....and i got just a little carried away ....if you come to the world of wheels this year myself and gregster and his bro are planning on having a few everyday guy hotrods in one group stop by and check us out.................

if you come to the world of wheels this year myself and gregster and his bro are planning on having a few everyday guy hotrods in one group stop by and check us out.................

We have made it to most of the BJCC car shows for the last 4-5 years. A few years ago I saw this truck and it got me thinking about building something. Before that I thought all hot rods had to be shiny!

Attachments

• IMG_9191.jpg
    IMG_9191.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 11
Thats a cool little truck ...the guy who owns it works at a place in Bessemer called automation his name is Jerry ..........they have done some work to it and put a bed on it ...it made it in a magazine called rat rods mag. but the mag is not put out in a bunch of places yet...........

in the last couple of years the world of wheels has lost a lot of cars to crappy for sale stuff .....thats why myself and gregster from automan are trying to bring back some cool stuff to look at ......www.yephotrods.com...you can see gregs car and the dodge cab truck and the square dodge car we plan on putting in the show ....where about are you in Tuscaloosa

I joined the Yep forums and looked through some of the pictures. I have never been to any other shows besides WoW. I am very excited to get involved and even more so to be able to enter our truck! I live in just on the outskirts of T'town in Cottondale. It's about 8 miles from the UA. I am not your average hot rodder. I work as a System Administrator in the IT dept. of a local healthcare company. But I do know how to weld and paint so that's a start. My dad had several hot rods as a kid but none after I was born. This will be our fist project together. I'm 32 and my Dad is 59. He is starting to move slower so I wanted to do this with him while he still can.

Latest posts

Back