new guy from AZ

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siki

Hi everyone
I'm from Arizona and I'm building a couple projects. I ended up on this site because I was looking for ideas and techniques used by other car guys building rat rods. I have 3 f1 trucks and I decided to make one a rat rod. I wish I had more time to spend working on my projects but due to my job sometimes I can't. I plan on using as much stock parts as possible since I have lots. I want to drop it and use the running Flathead v-8 that I have. Of course I want to do this without spending tons of cash. After reading lots of awesome posts I'm undecided if I should "Z" cut the frame or buy a lowered axle/springs. I'm not the best writer but I hope my point got accross. Any suggestions or ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Here are my projects:
49, 50, 51 F1
67 F250 crewcab 4x4
66 Galaxie 500
67 Mustang
71 F100

hi

welcome..

sounds like some good starter project trucks, pics of 'em please.

when you do a build thread, we like lots of pics.

Later :cool:

Welcome to RRR! How about some pics?

Are you going to run fenderless? Suicide front end? How low do you want it?

First of all THANKS! I think I get the point, next post will be pics of my projects, standby for pics........

Attachments

• IMAG0920.jpg
    IMAG0920.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 9
  • IMAG1114.jpg
    IMAG1114.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMAG1079.jpg
    IMAG1079.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMAG1103.jpg
    IMAG1103.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMAG1206.jpg
    IMAG1206.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 9
Thanks for the advise! I hope everybody likes the pics, you can see the f1's on the backgroung of the mustang pic. I wanna drop the truck 4 to 6 inches using the stock suspension system, any suggestions in how to do it?

Welcome to RRR!

Glad to you are aboard and are now building something different. The folks at his site are the best and have a lot of ideas so questions are good. I have found one of the easiest ways to drop a framed truck is to kick ("Z") the front and rear of the chassis. In essence this just lowers the cab. Hanging the sheetmetal can be a bit of a chore but the steering geometry and travel remain the same. The steering box will need to be tilted differently or changed all together. Some times it messes with the front floor/firewall area too. This all depends on where the front spring rear hanger is located. It is just a thought. Take a look and see maybe it won't work for you. Have fun and keep us posted in the "Builds" thread. Steve

Welcome to the site ! I haven't been here long myself , but it looks like these bunch of "gearheads" here are gonna steer ya straight on all of your projects

Thanks for all the great ideas! I've seen a lot of good and creative ways of doing things. Can't get enough of this great site. Can't wait for the weekend so I can start working on my F1. Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back