New guy from Dallas

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2bits

Hi Guys,

I recently had to sell my Flat Black 71 Chevy Stepside (with a 79 Bed). I went for a bit of the Rat Rod look to it and I guess it was more of a rat rod in the real sense considering I cut it in half and replaced the rear frame and them put a different year model bed on it just because I liked the way it looks better. I put an inline 6 in it too which I loved. Here's a pic of it...

PICT1874.JPG

I just have a 78 Chevy Longbed now, It is all original paint and all I have zero plans to paint it. My current project is a replica 1947 Teardrop Trailer. Here's a couple of pics of it, I think it still fits in even thought it is shiny. I hope to build a true rat rod sometime to pull it around.

Now for some pics:

IMG_9384.JPG

IMG_9396.JPG

IMG_9369.jpg

IMG_5638-SM.jpg

Yeah, that Maiden blanket caught my eye too ;)

Very nice trailer and sorry to hear you had to sell the '71. Those Chevy step-sides from the '60s and early '70s were so kewl. My ex-brother-in-law used to drive those back in the late '70s. I say "those" because he went through about 3 of 'em. He'd get drunk and roll one on the way home, then he'd find another one to buy. Fortunately he never killed anyone. The dumba**.

When he was sober though it was great fun to ride around in his pick-up with the windows down, the 8-track playing Jim Croce, and him just banging that 3-speed on the column. I was about 11 or 12 at the time I guess.

Fred B.

Latest posts

Back