New Guy from Massachusetts

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1952B3b23

Hey Guys,

My names Chris and I'm from western Massachusetts. I've been hanging around the forum for a little while now. Been reading the build threads and trying to learn as much as I can. I'm amazed at the skills that I've seen shown off in the threads, some true masters out there. The reason I joined the forum is cause I love hot rods and rat rods. I'm in the process of doing my first build on a 1952 Dodge B3b half ton pick up. It's not going to be a rat rod more of a mild custom of sorts. I'm hoping you guys won't mind me starting a build thread on it even though it's not a rat. I currently have a thread on the build posted on a different forum which is a great resource for anyone who wants more info about Pilothouse trucks. It can be found at "p15-d24.com". The guys over there are a great group and really helpful but tend to be more of the purist kind, not customizers like the folks over here. So I hope that by joining here I can learn and get valuable advice from you dudes.

Thanks in advance,

-Chris

Thanks guys. I will post up some pics of the truck when i get home from work. I'll add some of how it looked when i bought it and how it looks now. I love to post pictures, much easier to talk about things when you can actually see it.

-Chris

Welcome Chris. I'm in W.Mass. also. These guys have lots to offer on this site.

Very cool, another western masser.

I can imagine, i spent about a month just reading threads on here and the level of skill is amazing. Not to mention that most people seem real friendly and helpful. Perfect place to learn from all the experience, cant wait.

-Chris

Hey guys,

Here's a few pictures of the truck when I bought it. As you can see it was in okay shape but missing the bed, front grill, running boards, overall just not an original looking truck. Currently I have a reproduction bed for it that I bought almost as soon as I got the truck. The plan was to throw on the bed and just drive the old girl around. That all changed when I started taking a deeper look at the crappy "restoration" job someone tried doing. It was like the more I dug the more crap I found hacked up and wrong. When I went to buy the truck I got to take it for a spin around the block and was surprised at how tight the steering felt, that surprised me. The old flatty was/is pretty gutless but it was still fun to puts around in. So I drove it twice on the road before tearing it all down to the frame and starting my quest for a cool truck to cruise around in. I've had it for about two years now and in pieces for about one.

-Chris

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 14
I don't know why but it won't let me attach multiple pictures at a time. It only attaches the last one that I upload. Any ideas? I'm doing this from my iPhone cause my computer crapped out on me last week

-Chris

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 16
I can only hope mine comes out to be a crappy restoration level like yours. haha.

I'm sure yours will turn out way better than what the previous owner had done to my truck. I honestly believe that who ever did it had never touched a welder before and basically no experience with any metal fab. So instead of trying to do it right they just covered their mistakes with bondo.

-Chris

Latest posts

Back