New guy from New York

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FalconDave

Hey there,

Been lurking here for a while and finally got around to signing up a few days ago. I live in New York near the PA border. I'm self-employed and am into cars, guitars, flea markets & swap meets, all kinds of music and fun in general. Got a '65 Falcon Futura that I picked up last year. I've been on a mission to learn more about cars and wrenchin' and I really like the vibe you got going here. Hope to learn some stuff and make some friends! \m/

ps - i see there is another Falcon guy posting = )

Attachments

• resized-May 6 2012 001.JPG
    resized-May 6 2012 001.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 18
Ya wanna learn about cars, and wrenchin? Welcome to the site with more knowledge on cars than attitude.

Thanks for the welcome! Between all the cool pictures of cars & garages, I'm pretty inspired! My family just moved into a cool '50s-era ranch house in January and I'm getting the garage & basement workshop set up. The garage looks like it may be big enough for at least a Kwik Lift. Plus I found a pile of pegboard that I'm gonna put up in the garage soon and start getting the tools organized. Got too many ideas for the car & the garage. I might need to mellow out a bit :D

Happy you found us

Welcome Dave and when you are ready just ask and you will get all the answers you need from the folks at this site. We like cars, bikes, bicycles, music, trucks just about anything with a motor or makes good sound. Stay tuned and your guitars too. Steve

Thanks! Been doing a lot of basic stuff like replacing battery cables, installing an oil pressure gauge and doing compression tests. Me & an another Ford guy went over the engine and determined that everything runs fine. Looks like the engine may have been rebuilt at some point, but I'm fine with that. Tires & suspension are a whole 'nother story. Tires are pretty bald and I've got some serious camber problems. But have no fear, that's the next thing I'm gonna work on. Thanks again, you guys rock! Wish y'all lived in my town 'cause I'd buy you some burritos!

Nice Falcon!

I have a Vintage Tempest that I've been nursing back into operation after a long sleep. Some evenings for a test drive it I like to run it up Rt. 81 towards the NY/PA border to blow the cobwebs out.

Latest posts

Back