New Guy From Pa.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piewagn

Hello everyone!! Though I am not new to hot rods & the hot rod hobby, I am new here. Unforunately my Pop is slowin' down, and can't do what he used to, so, he gave me his '31 "A" Tudor! I've always wanted one of these since I was a kid ( `60's ). Although I didn't know they were referred to as "post war" hot rods, that's the style I've always loved. I'm doin' a traditional "post war" hot rod with the "A". I will be keeping the 4 cyl for now. I did locate a downdraft manifold w/carb, and I will be dressing up the motor, nothing radical, just some thing to have fun with! Maybe down the road, I will load a flathead V8, or see if I can find a "Nailhead". It's good to be here, and I look forward to sharing progress, and meeting all you guys! Thanks for havin' me here!!!

Jim Sgrig

Attachments

• hotrod1.jpg
    hotrod1.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 11
  • hotrod2.jpg
    hotrod2.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 7
  • pmachine2.jpg
    pmachine2.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 9
  • tripower1.jpg
    tripower1.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 8
  • tripower2.jpg
    tripower2.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 4
Man I dig those Panel vans! I had a '65 C10 Fleetside shortbed for about ten years. I must put 6 motors in that thing. What a blast. Ooh yeah welcome from another local!

Last edited:
Welcome to RRR Piewagon. Nice cars. That Model A sedan with a banger seems an awful lot like a pre-war (WWII) hot rod to me. Unless of course you are adding juice brakes :D. It sure looks like a clean piece of machinery to start a project with.

Pre-post, I'm happy to have somethin' to build a rod with. I have seen some pretty cool rods with bangers in 'em. Someone referred to them as "post war". I did think it was kinda odd, since the A's we're all bangers & pre war. Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
Man I dig those Panel vans! I had a '65 C10 Fleetside shortbed for about ten years. I must put 6 motors in that thing. What a blast. Ooh yeah welcome from another local!

Thanks freakdude! I used to have a '49 Delivery, I still miss that truck! But the `66 is just as much fun, and the tri-power makes it that much more fun. It hauls my boat like it's not even there. I also restore vintage Merc 6 cylinder motors. Gotta love the sound of the "tower of power", plus they got trips too!! Maybe I'll run into ya at one of the local events.

Attachments

• sgrignioli_jim_1949.jpg
    sgrignioli_jim_1949.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 0
  • award winner.jpg
    award winner.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back