New guy from SC

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmc1

Hello to everyone. This is a great site. I have a 1939 Ford Standard coupe I am playing with. It has a 1950 model Flathead in it too. I hope to swap it out for a Chevy in the future. The 39 has a Ford auto trans mounted to it and a Chevy rear end. I still have the original rearend and two original transmissions for the car. They are in my way! This is the first flattie for me as I have only messed with Chevrolets. I also have a 1971 Chevy truck I am slowly working on. Two projects are tuff to handle. I'll be looking for some advice from time to time.
DMC1

Welcome!!!

DMC1,
Welcome to the forum, glad u found us. Make u're self @ home & feel free to join rat in Love to see some pictures of u're ride!

BoB

Welcome to RRR. The rule here is if we don't see pics, they really don't exist. :D

..... Flathead in it too. I hope to swap it out for a Chevy in the future. ....
:confused: I may try to talk you outta that in the future..... :confused: ....talk you outta keeping that flatty and giving it to me, that is. :p

Those early 70's slab Chevy trucks look great down low. 72 was the last Chev I really liked. Did I mention pictures?

Welcome! ya you will notice how easy it is to accumulate projects. Its easy to find them but hard to find time to work on them all.

Here are a few project pics

Alright here are the pics. I didn't want anyone to think I was making this crap up! LOL! '39 Ford is a good 30 footer car. Paint is starting to wear through in some spots and is fading nicely. Hopefully I will add some red wheels and white walls to the 39 in the near future. The truck as you can see is a story in itself. The patina trailer finally got painted as it was nasty every time you rubbed up against it. The fenders are still natural. How bout the rat rod grill? Notice the spider webs on it? Also the grill has been lowered 4 inches! That thing cooks like a dream! During the summer we get out there at the shop, drink beers, listen to music, cook BBQ, and work on junk! Hope you all enjoy! DMC1:cool:

Attachments

• 100_0609 (Small).JPG
    100_0609 (Small).JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_1153 (Small).JPG
    100_1153 (Small).JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_1351 (Small).JPG
    100_1351 (Small).JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_1428 (Small).JPG
    100_1428 (Small).JPG