New guy from the SF Bay Area

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

push_rod

I've been into old Fords for as long as I can remember...
My childhood was shaped by pouring through old family photo albums, attending the Grand National Roadster Show with dad (starting in 1969), watching The Waltons, seeing the movie American Graffiti, and spending a few weeks each summer fishing with dad, and combing the Sierra foothills for rusty old cars.

I own a couple of 1940 Fords, and a pair of 1964 Falcons.
My current ongoing project (since 1988!) is a 1930 Sportcoupe that is up on jack stands in my garage.

I like all Fords from 1926 to 1964, whether they are restored stock, barn finds, traditional rods (rat rods?), and resto/ street/ hot rods. I get a kick out of attending street rodding events, including local shows, swap meets, and Billetproof. I hope someday to make it out to the salt flats for Speed week, and would like to eventually go on a cross country run.

It's really great to have forums such as the H.A.M.B., the Ford Barn, and TFFN to share ideas, and help other car guys, and gals, out. Unfortunately it can sometimes be addictive (I need to spend more time in the garage!)

push_rod

Attachments

• 30SportCoupe2.jpg
    30SportCoupe2.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 30
Welcome to the RRR!!!

Yeah....sounds like you've been bitten big time.....Hey....pics of the other stuff is fun too!!! [P

Welcome to triple R! You're in my neck of the woods. What city are you in? Luv the sportcoupe! Question: What size are those front tires? I'm trying to decide if I wanna go tall or low profile on my fronts. I like the looks of yours!

Welcome to triple R! You're in my neck of the woods. What city are you in? Luv the sportcoupe! Question: What size are those front tires? I'm trying to decide if I wanna go tall or low profile on my fronts. I like the looks of yours!

I'm located in San Lorenzo. The Sportcoupe's front tires are P195/60R15 mounted on 15 X 6" wide wheels with a 4" backspacing. The rear tires are P255/70R15 mounted on 15 X 7" wide wheels with a 4.75" backspacing. The wheels were made by Stockton Wheel; they accept the stock 1940-48 style hubcaps; the bolt pattern is 5 on 4-1/2".

Latest posts

Back