New guy from Tx

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hard Knocks

Hey ya'll,Ive been building Rock crawlers for a number of years now,but this is a whole nother animal.I look forward to soaking up your knowledge.Still gotta locate a project,but Im stoked about getting started on my first build!

Hey ya'll,Ive been building Rock crawlers for a number of years now,but this is a whole nother animal.I look forward to soaking up your knowledge.Still gotta locate a project,but Im stoked about getting started on my first build!

welcome aboard from a fellow texan -- im down by cc -- where abouts are you located and what did you have in mind for a build -- may be able to help.

Im located 25 or so miles N of Ft.Worth.Not quite sure about the build,but Im leaning heavily toward a 30's-early 40's Dodge truck

Im located 25 or so miles N of Ft.Worth.Not quite sure about the build,but Im leaning heavily toward a 30's-early 40's Dodge truck

Welcome aboard from Missouri !!

I'll be in your neck of the woods next month. I go to the Pate Swapmeet at the speedway each year. Been going to Pate for about the last 20 years. Always have a great time visiting, selling, and buying. Usually come home with more than I brought just to make my wife happy.
You should be able to find you a project out there at the swap.

Jim

I just emailed the guy about that Dodge,it turns out,hes a good friend of mine that belongs to the same Rock crawlin club that I do.See,Im destined for this obsession!

maybe you can work out some parts trading with some 4x4 crawler stuff to negotiate the price some :)

edit :: oh yea -- and if he can come up with a title for that truck and its a Texas title even better -- i dont know if you register your rock climbers but texas gets a little squirrely with old builds and rat rod titles and the easiest way around it is to have a texas title -- then there are NO hoops to jump through... just take in proof of insurance and pay the $$ and its done.

Latest posts

Back