New guy .... Got questions 56 series 2

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fastfittie

Hey y'all , just picked up my very first project... Well always helped my pop around the yard working on his stuff since I'm a kid so I feel like I can wrench a bit.. It's a 1956 Cadillac series 2 sedan ... I think ...it's all original and not touched since 72. Are there things that are an automatic replace new right from the start? Iv been trying to find a few good web sites to get some info , which I have, but not the best ones I don't think . I'm sure there's some people here that can point me in the direction..mabee books? So about the car.. It's sweet. And clean but plenty of rust :) Im pretty sure I like the idea of making it a rat , unless I'm told it's a rare ride. I'm just not a shiny kinda guy.. I'm thinking pull all the trim, chop the top, cut the pillars out and air bags...black and white... I can just see it transform... So basically I'm confident I can get r done but just wanna do it right once. Well if there's some things that I would miss because it don't kno I could use some help.
... Thanks ,
FastFittie

First welcome to the site.
Have you any pics, that's the first thing to do, you'll be asked a lot [P
First start a build thread so we can follow the progress of you ride.
Second how long has the Cadi been setting ?
The tranny is the main concern here as the seals dry out and will start to leak, even if they don't right now :)
Get it runnin and see if the engine smokes :confused:
The wheel bearings need to be repacked and new wheel bearing seals installed.
This is where you start then go from there.
Post lots of pics and ask lots of questions :D
We'll be watchin [P

Jim

Real simple :)
When you do a post reply (not a quick reply) scroll down to additional options and click on manage attachments then browse you computer and select the pic, click on open, then click on upload. Repeat this process for each pic.
You can then close the attachment screen and proceed with your post.
If you want to see what your post is gonna look like to us, click on preview post, if you like it then click on submit post. :D
We'll be waitin [P what are you waitin on :confused:
Jim

Kool

That's a Kool ol Cadi [cl
There's a black one in an old salvage yard I frequent saw it there yesterday. I think it's a 55 cause the headlight eyebrow is a hair different :cool:
Glad you got your pic deal workin, if there's one thing that will make the natives restless it's nothin to look at [ddev

Jim

Back