New guy in East TN

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteTrash1

Hello y'all, just signed up here, been lurking around for a bit..
I got a 49' Stude 1ton tow truck, thats making its way to being a rat rod named "Frank-n-Truck"

Hope you older guys can give me some advice and pointers along the road.. got a few projects in mind!

If you got any morbid creative ideas, shoot them my way too..

----------------
Now playing: The Meteors - Juggernaut
via FoxyTunes

welcome to the site, whitetrash! you'll find lots of ideas here and no drama (that's why this is my favorite site;))

-and i might mention, we like pics!!show us what ya got started..:D

Welcome to the site. Morbid creative ideas? No, not really. I am just not into that kind of stuff. (sarcasim)
Pictures. Got ta have pictures.

tennessee

Welcome, nice to see someone else from tennessee. better get some pics these guys aint happy without pics. I better stay in touch always nice to know someone close with a tow truck. HMMM:confused:MORBID

Pics? YOU WANT PICS?!?!?!

Well thanks for the WARM welcome. Ive got a slew of pics.

My truck was a 1949 studebaker 1ton tow truck,
it now sits on a 1974 ford frame, ford 302 and drive line.
I know some of you might go 74! WTF!?
Well, im going on the build like this, ALL FREE,ALL PARTS, ALL RAT ROD.
Im building it WITH WHAT I CAN.
hands down.
Ground up, ive had some help, but not a lot.
Its been FUN and i just started the 2nd week of Jan.

Here is a link, its to a myspace page,mine.
its the link to the photos of the truck, throw me some input and add me if you have mycrack.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...ture&friendID=12928043&albumId=3127147&page=1

----------------
Now playing: White Zombie - Disaster Blaster
via FoxyTunes

Last edited:
Welcome to the RRR fellow Hillbilly !! What part of Tennessee are you hammering on that ole truck in ??

Welcome to RRR, WhiteTrash1. Have always liked those Stude trucks. Nothing wrong with using what ya got, that's the best way IMO.

Cool project. I have an uncle that lives in Maryville and has a Studabaker truck and an Essex. Might see ya at the cruise in at foothills mall this year.
Tim

I hope to have it on the road soon.. but things always happen so not holding my breath. but I DO not have a running car ATM. so -crosses fingers- if i just dig in and keep going the pace i am, it should be done soon, there is a 5th anual 411 rat rod show thing, up at the 411 drag strip.. I want to make that on April 24th!

welcome to 3r

Attachments

• warning.jpg
    warning.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Back