New guy in Virginia

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont worry too much, just hard to describe the style im going for i guess. Its going to be a cross between a circle track car, a dragster, and a hotrod so even i get a little confused sometimes as to whats happening with it.

Welcome to the forum. I had been following your thread on the HAMB for a few months now, you are coming along really well on it. Bobber, Rudy Truck, whatever you want to call these, I like them, and can't wait to get back on mine.

As far as filling your radiator, Moroso makes an inline thingie that is like a Tee with a radiator cap on the top. You cut the radiator hose and insert this thing into the hose so that it gives you a fill and cap.

Check it out here: http://www.moroso.com/catalog/categorydisplay.asp?catcode=29014

It might solve your problem of how to fill the radiator.

Keep us posted on how it is going. (BTW, don't worry about your "garage", most of us here have build our share of cars under a shade tree or garages with dirt floors. :):))

Don

Truck!?

Hummm... looks like a... er... truck!!! ; - > Nice job so far, lots of truckers around here! Glad u could make it over! Welcome!

BoB

Welcome to the site. Glad you found us. Could you post a pic on here please. Sorry but I can't see the link at the HAMB

im hoping to get the front end all mocked up(tack welded on) tomorrow and set it on four wheels, its been on just the back for too long now.

Bonehead: I really like the truck you've built, but when are you going to show your steering wheel?
Heres mine
101_1238.jpg

101_1240.jpg

Welcome to RRR Antihuman81. I can't see the pics in your hamb thread from work right now but I've checked in on it before. I like it.

engine and trans mounts and alot less frame
101_1152.jpg

loud stuff
DSCF0399.jpg

rear kickup and qc mounted
rat%20truck

teaser
DSCF0594-1.jpg

teaser2
DSCF0612.jpg

I for some reason have not loaded any pictures of the bed on the computer yet, or any that really explain my radiator and fan shroud and gas keg mount combo either but I'll start a post on here sometime soon and consolidate all this into it, maybe even do some cut and past from the other board.

im planning on a 4-6" chop (havent quite decided yet), ive lowered the factory seat pan about 3 inches, so i'll practically be sitting on the floor even with cushions, ive got a cool idea for a steering quickener\column drop too, but its on the hush hush till its done and tested just in case i turn out to be a tard and it a horrid idea ;). Suicided doors using the stock style hinges, im going to try to keep the interior as "clean" as possible but still have all important guages, and the stereo too. If any of you all have any ideas or suggestions feel free to tell me. This is my first build of this caliber and Im DEFINETLY learning alot of it as I go. I figure that with the major components like the cab and frame being literally moments from the crusher that im not going to be messing anything up if it doesnt turn out how I want it, but so far its pretty darned close, here's my edited inspiration pic
bedraisedandextremelyshortstockaxle.jpg

I chopped mine 4 inches, I wish I had done 5. I have seen some 6 inch chops and think it is approaching too much, harder to get into, harder to see out of. I still have some head room in mine at 4 inch.

I like your blueprint, it looks like a nice ride.

it took alot of hard work, sweat, and moving the mouse around to make that blueprint...lol i made probably 10 different versions of it and printed out a few of them as big as i could and then spent way too much time scrutinizing them till i figured out what i liked best, even took votes from some friends...:rolleyes: I think the bed on my truck is going to be a bit too high though, or at least till i get some meatier tires on it, right now out back its got 255-60-15's but im thinking something more, around a 30" tall and and with about a 14" tread width, but that will be much latter, probably after i wear these tires out, but with 5.44 gears out back and a 450hp motor it shouldnt take too long....;)

Latest posts

Back