new guy missouri

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grunt2001

Well id like to introduce myself, name's rob im from a little town in central missouri. I am very new to the vintage side of car's/truck's.I bought a 1950 fleetline 4 door with a 216 inline 6 im planning on building for greaserama next year.The body on the car is almost perfect, one dent on driver side fender and alot of SURFACE RUST!not a single rust hole anywhere all glass is good, cost me 400.00 and it has an open title[cl, i would really like some do's and dont's.I do plan on driving this car almost daily couple of question's where is a good place for white wall's that are not extremely high priced?should i drop a sbc in it?if so where can i buy mount's? i know this is alot of questions but i assure you i will take all comments to heart:cool:

Welcome to the site, check out the tech tips on here and you'll get some ideas. If you do try to grind some whitewalls be careful and don't go to deep.

thank's gents im going to buy some bf's from jegs, , i never realized how cool and how much stuff could actually be done to these old rats

Welcome to the site.Small block chevy is always a good choice,not different enough for some,but easy to find and most reasonable to get parts for.Lot of places have motormounts,but they are easy enough to fab if you have access to a welder.

Welcome!!!

Rob,
Welcome to the forum... glad u found us! Make u're self @ home & feel free 2 join rat in!!! :D

BoB

well the car has not been ran in year's and it's been sitting ,id like to do a rebuild on the 216 keep original as possible[;)

As soon as i get a day off i get my car to my garage and fill a couple of page's worth of picture's[;)

Latest posts

Back