new guy, my toys

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worked on it a little
10-09-10_11262.jpg

Thanks guys.
The truck is a 36 IHC 2 Ton I got for free from my wife's uncle. We cut 9' of the back of the original frame, Z'ed it 6" and channeled the cab 6". Put a 51 Ford 3/4 front end on the truck with 49 Ford 1/2 ton hubs. Everything so far...free! Got the old Ford spokes for free so that is what I went with. Payed $300 for a doner Chev 78 1/2 ton truck so we used the engine, tranny, rearend, wheels etc. Rad is a 52 Pontiac. Seats are from a MR3 Mazda I think. Fuel tank is from a swather. Bought the Geenie shifter, headlights, headers, windshield and Cokers. Into it for around $ 2800 bucks. Was a fun project.

The picture with my boy was taken before it was totally done. We went for a quick rip to my parents talking and laughing about being the Duke Boys when our 1 gallon jerry had less gas then I remember. So that picture was taken with the mobile phone while we were waiting to get picked up!

Welcome nice toys the smile on your sons face priceless
what are you using for a breather / scoop on your truck

The picture with my boy was taken before it was totally done. We went for a quick rip to my parents talking and laughing about being the Duke Boys when our 1 gallon jerry had less gas then I remember. So that picture was taken with the mobile phone while we were waiting to get picked up!

You say you're into it for about $2800 but it looks to me like that one trip was worth WAAAAAAY more that that! Man you can't beat times like that with your kid[cl[cl[cl
Welcome to RRR, cool projects for sure!

Thanks guys,
My kid is really a hockey freak so it's nice when he has fun with my interests.
If he's not playing hockey, he's playing with all the computer games and ****. So it's good to see him take some interest in other stuff. When there young they take everything in you tell them, as they get older Dad's a fag and knows nothing!! Right?!?

The aircleaner on top of the 36 is a lawnmower filter Maguyvered inside a early headlight bezel.

As far as the car goes, I'm thinking mustang front with a 283 or 327 4-speed. Lowered on air, original Patina, possibly a roof chop.

Latest posts

Back