new guy , san diego

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

omar

hey gang, my name is omar im from san diego, im 25 and am new to the kustom cars. Im not totally clueless with a wrench but am way behind probably everyone here on fab/welding etc. Ive just done simple repairs on my cars but never anything like building a rod/rat. Im a fireman for sdfd and just bought a project for myself a 1930 model A town sedan . I want to do as much work as i can myself, after all thats why i bought it! I try to ask people about their cars whenever I see a rat but Im still learning all of the basics. so take mercy on me!
I plan to chop and channel the body and do some airbags aswell!. but for now its just a bucket! i need to learn how to properly do all of it!

Welcome!!!

Im still learning all of the basics. so take mercy on me!
I plan to chop and channel the body and do some airbags aswell!. but for now its just a bucket! i need to learn how to properly do all of it!

Omar,
Welcome to the gang!!! we'd love to see some pictures of u're project & no mercy needed... great gang of easy goin' car addicts here so make u're self @ home & feel free to join rat in!!!

BoB

Welcome to RRR!

Omar,
Welcome to the Triple R, I think you'll like it here and please post some pictures of that c-dan.

Beercan

let me know what you think!!
omar

P4180141.jpg

P4180142.jpg

P4180140.jpg

P4180143.jpg

Hey Omar, hello from a San Diego refugee (after the Cedar fire of 2003 darn near got us, we decided to leave for greener, wetter, pastures, got lots of buddies in the Poway/Penasquitos/Rancho Bernardo/Ramona area that got nailed by this last round of fires) I'd check with some of the more knowledgeable guys on here about that rear shock angle, and those front radius rods... otherwise, looks like a killer start, from what I can see...

thanks 26! i will ask about those! what made you say that? sorry to hear about what happened to you but im glad you made it out ok after all!
thanks, omar

I'm just not sure that with the extreme shock angle, you're going to get much of a dampening effect, but again, I'd ask that question of the knowledgeable folks on here, I could be all wet on the subject (wouldn't be the first time I stuck my foot in my mouth, and swallowed clear to the knee...)
I didn't see any provision for any type of adjustment on the front radius rods, if there is some, then they might be okay...:D

WELCOME

Lots of good help here omar....RRR gange will help with almost anything you need!
Nice project you got to start with here.....good luck and remember
"it's not easy being cheesy and it's not simple haven a pimple"

Latest posts

Back