new guy

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gene2444

Just found this site I'm interested in building a Rat Rod just don't know how to go it yet have a couple of car in mind one is old 38 ford shell nothing else other one is old 46 ford shell sitting on a frame not sure if the guy will sell or how much. I live in Michigan a little north of Grand Rapids MI retired so have lots of time but not lots of money, lol. Also have 2 1931 ford tudors one is a Hot Rod and the other I'm working on restoring and I have a 1947 Chevy coupe. been checking the picture of rat rods on you tube I think they are cool and want to build one

Attachments

• P1010014.JPG
    P1010014.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 14
Hi and Welcome to RRR from northern Alberta. You've picked a real good hobby for retirement. I sure like the gentle curve of the B pillar on those cars. We await your progess pictures.
Keep on tinkering.

Im the new guy on the block. I have a rat rod of a different type. I have more fun with it than i ever imagined. It started life as a Bolens Garden Tractor. I have a couple pics of it posted here.

One pic taken indoors was at the World of Wheels car show Milw wi in 2012.

The other pic was taken in Beaver Wi at the Oconto County car show.

Attachments

• Capt Bob n Arlo4.jpg
    Capt Bob n Arlo4.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 6
  • Oconto County Wi Car Show Rat Rod Class  2nd Place..jpg
    Oconto County Wi Car Show Rat Rod Class 2nd Place..jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 6
Hello all from VT.

Hi. Saw your sight while doing some late night surfing and had to join in. I am currently working on a 47 ford p/u on 98 s10 short w/b frame . Started out as a rat but I may have moved up a notch.
I have been a parts guy for 40 years and figured I better quit talking and start doing. Its far from perfect but it all my work and its been a blast.
Looking forward to seeing what everyone is up to. See u on the road!

parallels

Hi Gene2444. A friend of mine came to visit last night,and I told him about your '47 because he is hotroding a '47 Chev coupe, also. It's about 85% done. Hi Partspete, I have two parallel stories for you. My '47 Ford PU is destined to go on a S-10 frame; and I started a '36 Ford PU a few years ago. It started out as a ratrod but I spent too much time on the body work on the doors [a whole winter], got paint that was way too shiny and couldn't throw it out, and somewhere in the build I got a phone call from a friend to ask me if I was interested in helping him clean up an old widows yard. When he got to listing things that he saw, I stopped him at '34 Dodge Brothers PU [dr barnfind, complete, beat-up a bit. I was on the road to her place before my pants were completely dry. Now that's rat rod material, so my '36 kept evolving to a lowend streetrod. [S

Latest posts

Back