New here but been around

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6 Skullz

Was turned on to this site by a guy on another site, cool I guess. Figured I'd check it out. Started saving classics in 07, yes a late start but have around 15 to my credit. Not all had wow factor but there is a little of me in each one. Prefer 40s and 50s, did a 60s and haven't found a 30s yet. I guess I went the ratrod way with all but 2. Normally I find one in a field or barn and if its salvageable depending on price I bring her home. Start at the bottom and work my way up. Get them running, driving and stopping. Then its usually the same rattle can flat black, some with a little 2 tone but I prefer the ratted look. I drive them for a few weeks then sell to someone with more money and know how in hopes that their future will be secure and they will live on. Now, I'm at a point where removing, cleaning, fixing and replacing has been replaced with the desire to build it myself... ground up, like I want it which leads me here. Its not what I thought I would start with but I pulled a 49 ford cab off a ranch and by the shop she sits. Got it free so good start. Plan on building my own frame and piecing together what I hope will be a hot, cool, reliable street rod but with rat written all over it! Its obvious which pic is the saved cab, the black p/u is the desired result and the other two are just to give you an idea of what led me to this point. I'd love to share pics my others but I'm new so I'll stay slow for a bit!

Attachments

• 49fordf31.jpg
    49fordf31.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 18
  • maybe.jpg
    maybe.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 17
  • passion1.jpg
    passion1.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 13
  • passion4.jpg
    passion4.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 13
Hi 6S and welcome to RRR from northern Alberta. There is something to be said about not coming on like a big dog with a wet tongue, and I appreciate that, but I also would like to see your pictures.
I find on this forum that building is the important thing to most of us, and you sound like you'll fit right in.

Latest posts

Back